IELTS Task2 Two Views discussion about talents and hard work (250 words)

sloth 1 / -  
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

It is a common belief that everyone can be good at playing sport or music. However, I firmly consider that everyone has his or her talent in a different thing. Therefore, sport and music may not be suitable for everyone to learn.

On top of being distinguished, people believe a man can do anything nowadays. It usually happens in eastern culture. In eastern culture, people believe hard-working makes children achieve every goal. Thus, people consider children aren't working hard enough if they get to fail. Even though the subjects they fail are sport or music need the talent to learn, they still let children keep practicing. For instance, there is a saying that "Practice makes perfect.", which shows the aspect of these people. However, this point of view may cause children under pressure. Some of them lose their self-confidence, while others might hate the sport or music in the future.

On the other hand, people suggest that every child has his or her talent, which is often seen in western culture. They believe that talent is a gift from god. Therefore, people should focus on their talent. For instance, if children have talent in sport or music, they will be encouraged to improve their skills. This not only makes them do better in sport or music but also lets them get more interest in them. It's beneficial to children, while they might choose to be musicians or good sports players in the future.

To sum up, though it is important to practice a lot on something children aren't good at, in my viewpoint, they should follow their talents.
It is a common belief that everyone can be good at playing sport or music

This is a clear misrepresentation and misunderstanding of the prompt. The belief is that it is wither an inborn or developed talent. Neither discussion has been correctly restated in this presentation. It is a failed interpretation of the topic and reasoning presentation. Markdown #1.

I firmly consider that everyone has his or her talent in a different thing. Therefore, sport and music may not be suitable for everyone to learn.

Unsuitable opinion response due to a mistaken understanding of the original topic. It is nota discussion about talent suitability but rather how one acquires the talent. Markdown #2.

While the task interpretation is incorrect, the reasoning discussions are applicable to the original concept. This leads me to wonder how the restatement aspect happened to be incorrect? The 2 discussion paragraphs are well developed on the public opinion front. Well developed and explained. The problem, is the lack of personal opinion development. Missing from this essay is the personal opinion paragraph. Markdown # 3.

The concluding paragraph fails to meet the 40 word, 2 sentence minimum requirement. Markdown #4.

The essay might recieve a very low passing score due to the significant errors presented. Incorrect interpretations and missing paragraphs are its main issues.
Phuongnguyen256 7 / 12 2  
"It is a common belief ... However, I firmly ... Therefore, ..."

THIS IS MY PARAPHRASE FOR THE QUESTION. HOPE YOU FIND IT HELPFUL.
Opinions are divided on whether one's talents for sport or music are from their nurture or in their nature. From my viewpoint, although many people consider some particular talent as an innate capacity, many children nowadays can still be prodigies at certain fields after being trained.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task2 Two Views discussion about talents and hard work (250 words)