TOEFL: Type of temper and advantages of individual work as best arguments in favor of studying alone

MarianaS 5 / 14 8  
Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Study achievements depend on a range of various factors, one of which is pattern of work you tend to choose while studying. In particular, we may prefer to work either within a team of other students or alone. As for me, I favor the latter because of the following reasons.

To begin with, type of temper is one of the reasons that make me to choose individual work instead of team one. Being by nature introvert, I have to spend much time and efforts on adjusting to surroundings and especially new people. Once, when I was working on presentation with strangers, I sat aside and so prepared more than half of work myself instead of making attempts to get acquainted with unknown people. Therefore, my productivity boosts when style of work is appropriate with my type of temper.

Furthermore/moreover, working alone allows me to avoid spending time and efforts on many things that are an integral part of teamwork. In other words, I must not divide tasks and duties between team members, share responsibility and benefits, and spend time on teambuilding. These advantages are especially important in situations of shortage of time. About a year ago I was lucky to become a participant of student brainstorming game. To my rivals' surprise, being the only member of my own "team" I gained a victory.

In conclusion, from my point of view, type of temper and advantages of individual work are the most persuasive arguments in favor of studying alone.

P.S. Thank you all in advance :)

Respectfully,

Mariana
nguoi_co_doc 7 / 16 10  
Generally, your essay is not academic. You use to much pronoun "I" in your essay. Thus, It makes your essay like a speech or a conversation than an academic essay. Try to avoid writing about yourself.
I like the way that you wrote this essay even with its grammar problems. You understood that the prompt asked you to address the whole essay in a first person pronoun (I me, mine, my). So you response and supporting reasons were very much on target. But like i said, there were a few grammatical errors that, when fixed, can help enhance your response. Here is what I found with the advice for correction included:

o begin with, type of temper is one of the reasons that make me to choose individual work instead of team one

- ... nature of a person helps to determine whether he would work best with a group or as an individual.

Being by nature introvert,

- by nature an introvert,

I have to spend much time and efforts on

Once, when I was working on presentation with strangers, I sat aside and so prepared more than half of work myself instead of making attempts to get acquainted with unknown people .

- ... on a presentation with ...I separated from the group.. and prepared... half the work myself... acquainted with strangers.

Therefore, my productivity boosts when style of work is appropriate with my type of temper.

- Working with a group meant very little work was getting done because of group disagreements. By working alone, I boosted my productivity. That was my nature and that was how I worked best.

Furthermore/moreover,working

- Working alone...

that are an integral part of teamwork

- are not an integral...

In other words, I must not divide tasks

situations of shortage of time

- situations such as time shortage ...

participantof student brainstorming game.

- participant in a

rivals'

- rival's

I gained a victory.

[s]In conclusion, from my point of view, type of temper and advantages of individual work are the most persuasive arguments in favor of studying alone.

- It is therefore my opinion that my aforementioned personal reasons strengthen my argument about the larger benefits of working and studying as an individual as opposed to a team.

I hope my comments and suggestions help you out :-)
My first impression on your essay is that it could be too short and may not be meeting the word count requirement for the task. Am I right? (I didn't check your word count, but it looks like too short )

Your introduction follows a good approach. You have a hook, background of the issue and your opinion stated there. However, your hook is not so interesting. Generally, it is nicer when you have a short and interesting idea for that. I like if you write something like;

The pattern of studying plays a major role in one's academic achievements.
OP MarianaS 5 / 14 8  
nguoi_co_doc, vangiespen, dumi, I really appreciate your help. It means a lot for me. Thank you very much!
Anouar 12 / 35  
I think there's a lack of crititical thinking thus you need to analyze deeply the concept and give some pertinent examples
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
To begin with, type of tempermy personality type is one of the main reasons that makeled me to choose individual workstudy alone instead of team onestudying in a group. Being by naturean introvert by nature, I have to spend much time andput lots of efforts on adjustingto adapt to surroundings and especially in the company of unknownnew people.
Anouar 12 / 35  
Agood TOEFL Writing essay need that you responded well to the task, relating the lecture to the reading including the pertinence of examples and the sound flow of ideas

Weaknesses, if you have any, might have to do with:
■ slight imprecision in your summary of some of the main points, and/or
■ use of English that is occasionally ungrammatical or unclear.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: Type of temper and advantages of individual work as best arguments in favor of studying alone