IELTS Task2 Types of music albums purchased by people in Britain

IZKK 1 / 2  
Hello, I am preparing for Academic IELTS, please help
Looking forward to all comments and feedbacks

The graphs below show the types of music albums purchased by people in Britain according to sex and age. Write a report for a University lecturer describing the information shown below.

There are three bar graphs that illustrate a rate of various kinds of music albums, which were sold in Britain. The first bar graph shows the amount of people buying pop music, the second is about the sold rock music albums and, finally, the third graph demonstrates the number of people who purchased classical music in percentage. All graphs show the percentage of purchased musical albums by both male and female at the age from 16 to 45 and older.

According to the first graph 30% of women who bought pop music were at the age between 25 and 34, men of the same age showed almost the same percentage 28%. However, women of the age from 16 to 24 bought less pop music albums only 17% than the same aged men 26%. Surprisingly, only 5% of 45 and older women were ready to spend money for this category of music.

The second bar graph demonstrates that rock music is very popular between both male and female at the age of 25 to 34 almost the same percentage 28% and 30%. 25% of men at the age of 45 and older consumed rock music albums, this indication was much higher than the rate of the same aged women.

The classical music albums' graph demonstrates dramatic ups and downs. 20% of consumers were 45 and older women, this was the highest rate. The highest percentage of the opposite sex was 9% at the age of 16 to 24.

In conclusion, pop music is very popular among all people, according to their ages and sex, the less popular is classical music. But most of the people who buy classical music albums are women.
farbodsalahi 5 / 7  
It would be better off starting your second paragraph in this way:
On the one hand, 30% of women who bought pop music were at the age between 25 and 34. On the other hand, men of the same age showed almost the same percentage 28%...
mhss 18 / 53 18  
In conclusion, pop music WAS HIGHLY popular among ALL ages AND sexS WHILE classical music BEING THE LEAST POPULAR, WAS INTERESTED BY women IN A GREATER PERCENTAGE.
Hi IZKK,

There are three bar graphscharts that illustrate aratetypes of various kinds o f music albums, which were sold in Britain.

This task requires you to report a summery of the trends and comparisons of data. So your writing tone needs to be sort of reporting. For example;

Three bar charts illustrate the types of music albums bought by males and females in the UK. Your next line (2 lines) should be the most obvious observation. Then move on to describing trends with more details with figures. Also include a line or two for comparing data. Finally write one line on your conclusion.

You can get some idea by reading good writing samples.
OP IZKK 1 / 2  
Thank you very much for comments

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task2 Types of music albums purchased by people in Britain