IELTS: 5% unemployed in 1999; rates of unemployment between the US and Japan

elenathaopham 1 / -  
The graph compares the rates of unemployment between the US and Japan from March 1993 to March 1999. Overall, an upward trend in Japan and a downward trend in the US limited a significant difference in the unemployment rate between these two countries.

In 1993, the percentage of unemployed people in the US, which constituted 7%, was approximately three times as high as the unemployment proportion arising in Japan.
Since then, the continuous and moderate upward movement had been in the unemployment rate in Japan and the reverse was true in the US. As a result, the gap between the workforce proportion between the US and Japan was eliminated in March 1998.

There was a little change in the percentage of workforce in both countries in the remaining period. 5% of the residents in the US and Japan were unemployed in 1999. This doubled than the unemployment ratio to the population as a whole in Japan back in 1993.
Where is your graph? You can upload the graph using the feature "Attach file (s) " . It is good that you include the graph for us to have a look and provide you with more relevant comments.

... Break this into two parts;
The graph compares the rates of unemployment between the US and Japan from March 1993 to March 1999. ... (Introduction)
Overall, an upward trend in Japan and a downward trend in the US limited a significant difference in the unemployment rate between these two countries. ... (Overview)

Then move on to a new para to discuss the details.
Structure - Introduction, Overview, Details

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: 5% unemployed in 1999; rates of unemployment between the US and Japan