Unethical and immoral advertising in our daily lives

tcl1120 9 / 27  
Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today's society. To what extend you agree or disagree.

plethora of advertisement nowadays

It is often said that plethora of advertisement nowadays make use of inappropriate and improper contents. Although commercials play an important role on product marketing, I completely agree with this argument and I believe that such immoral and unethical propagation approaches shall be regulated by laws.

To begin with, it is undeniable that random calls and junk mails are disturbing to our daily lives. People receive cold calls from many companies, especially cosmetics and insurance industries. Overwhelming advertisements are about irrelevant products' promotions. Such widespread phenomenon is extremely annoying and adversely influencing people's livelihoods. For example, Hong Kong citizens receive more than 10 random calls about promoting goods every day, while corresponding regulation has been imposed to govern the abuse of cold calls.

Equally importantly, false contents are usually displayed to exaggerate the product's effectiveness. Cosmetic companies, for instance, often overemphasize the product's effects on beauties. As a result, customers would be misled to purchase such items without desired changes.

Last but not least, numerous companies deliver the deceptive images of their products. Cigarette is a case in point. The tobacco companies usually invite some famous movie stars to smoke in front of the camera. As a result, teenagers would imitate, and be addicted to smoking consequently.

In conclusion, there are considerable numbers of advertisements adopting immoral and unethical approaches to attract people's eye. Random calls create unnecessary nuisance to the public, while the images and effectiveness of tobacco and cosmetic goods are reshaped in order to enhance their popularity. Thus, stringent legislation shall be imposed to govern the practices of advertisement.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
I would suggest that you simplify your language. This technique is especially useful because it will enable you to have better hold over the word count you are following while still being able to play around with the overall structure. If you can divide a sentence into two separate points, opt to do that rather than attempting to squeeze everything into one point. Doing this can help you minimize as well the possibility of mistakes from making complex sentences. Remember that precision is more important here than anything else.

Avoid having redundant language in your essay too that can just be dumped into your word count.

Furthermore, I would also suggest that you use more formal language in your essay to improve its level of professionalism. For instance, instead of mentioning that advertisements are annoying, say that they do not positively contribute to the goals of the company. Restructuring your essay this way can help you write in a more formal manner as well which will be beneficial if you are planning to use your English in formal set-ups.

Watch out for your usage of preposition and hanging sentences or dependent clauses. Review these portions in grammar to ensure that your essay follows a better format.

I would say apply these comments to the other half of your essay - and you will go a long way.
Just keep in mind that you need to optimize the space in your essay. To do this, you need to keep in mind that you do not need a lot of adjectives and modifiers. Going straight to the point to substantiate your essay better goes a long way especially in IELTS exams.

Best of luck.
OP tcl1120 9 / 27  
Thank you. I promise that I will invite you a dinner if I obtain all band 7 in the exam.

See you.

Home / Writing Feedback / Unethical and immoral advertising in our daily lives