The United States of America - History Essay (first paragraph)

chicmagnet2k4 1 / 1  
The history of the United States of America has come a long way, since 1607 to 1865. Through these years there have been many significant events that have shaped this country today. While the nation has faced many challenges the most important are those of the American Revolution, Declaration of Independence, and the roles of slavery.

This is my introduction, and my body paragraphs are about American Revolution, Declaration of Independence, and the roles of slary... If anybody can help me with introduction. Thank you!
DariusVassel15 3 / 6  
I don't think it is the history that has come a long way... it is the nation as a whole. So maybe change that.

The United states has etched itself in history by drastically and rapidly evolving as a nation... something like that.

Shaped the country into what it is today.

Is the essay about challenges that the US had to deal with, thus shaping their nation, or is it just about significant events. You might try to keep them the same either change challenges or significant events just to make it a little clearer.

The most important (being)...organizer... just condenses it slightly

Its a good concise and clear intro, try combining the last two sentences to make your thesis, and before that add a little meat, perhaps a more grasping intro.
OP chicmagnet2k4 1 / 1  
The essay is about important events that have shaped the united states, and thanks for the help. Anymore help is much needed...
I always recommend writing the intro last. How can you introduce what does not yet exist?

The history of the United States of America has come a long way changed significantly in the years between 1607 to 1865. Through these years ...

Home / Writing Feedback / The United States of America - History Essay (first paragraph)