IELTS - Univeristies knowledge and skill essay.

seunggi8 1 / -  
Hi , my ielts is coming soon , and i did this essay to prepare for my task 2 writing :) , hope you can help me , and if possible , what band do you think iam in . thanks alot for your help in advance ^^_

QN. Some people htink that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer.

What , in your opinion , should be the main function of a university?

University is the last step and highest level of education , before students begin to enter the world of work. It is also the place where knowledge is obtained through huge mass lecturings . Since being the last preparation stage before work , what knowledge should be induced into the students , still remains debatable. Either only learn sufficient skills or indepthly in the subject?

On one hand, only studying what is needed , is supported . People believed that having adequate knowledge to complete their work is beneficial , for it saves time from going indepth on the course. These saved times can be used on learning other useful skills for work , such as a new language for better communiations. Furthermore , learning less allow graduates easily master the course and become professional.

On the other hand, it can be argued that university should set out what they are supposed to do in higher education, going beyond what is needed , making work requirement considered as a basic level. And when in real working time , these graduates will have no diffculty at all , as it is way easier compared to what they do in university. Besides , some believe that going indepth allow intrigues from students to be solved , of which some may be impossible at a basic level . Not only that , going more indepth , subjects can become more complex and fascinating , and hence will create a passion for the gradutes on the subjects and possibly later on their jobs.

In my opinion , I believe that universities should provide graduates with just sufficient knowledge for them to ignite a deep passion and enthusiams for the subject and yet also allow them to have quality spare time to enrich other crucial skills. For both of these will definitely help them later on in life.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
UniversityA college degree is the lastfinal step and highest level of education before students begin to enter the world of work.
(However, many students work during school, so you may want to re-phrase this)

It is also the place where knowledge is obtained through huge mass lecturings .
You could say: Students obtain knowledge by attending lectures.

Since beingit is the last stage of preparation stage before work , experts debate about what knowledgeinformation should be inducedgiven tointo the students., still remains debatable.

Either only learn sufficient skills or indepthly in the subject?
Change the way you say this... maybe say "Should students only learn material that applies to their career path, or be required to learn from a variety of subjects?

On one hand, only studying what is needed , is supportedbeneficial.Some people believe that having adequate knowledge to complete their work is beneficialsufficient , forbecause it saves time from going indepth on the course.studying unnecessary topics
Lutcifier 1 / 5  
University is the last step and the highest level of education...
On the one hand...

People believed that having adequate...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - Univeristies knowledge and skill essay.