Universities and colleges are now offering qualifications through online learning - pros and cons

someoneishere 3 / 4 1  
Universities and colleges are now offering qualifications through distance learning from the Internet rather than teachers in the classroom.

Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

By the turn of the 21st century, the Covid 19 pandemic brought enormously detrimental impacts on human life, which led to the development of studying and working on the Internet. Some undergraduates nowadays prefer receiving qualifications through learning online to learning directly from teachers in class. In my opinion, the benefits gained from this phenomenon are more than the drawbacks.

Through distance studying, young people could benefit from tremendous advantages. First and foremost, as the epidemic grew, schools and teachers take responsibility to apply new learning methods - online teaching. As a result, the preparations for lessons including brief presentations are mustered more. Moreover, it is the combination of various smart modern technological devices and digital apps that helps college students study easier and more effectively, as pupils could quickly look for useful information and detailed explanations.

The second advantage is the quality of the teacher's speaking sound and teaching presentation because studying through the Internet helps shorten the geographical distance and is like having a face-to-face tutor. Because each classroom has vast sittings with a large number of young people, but only one educator and not all learners could have a close seat to teachers. Consequently, numerous undergraduates find it difficult to catch up with the lessons and earned good results for their degrees. For instance, there are a variety of social media or group communication apps nowadays such as Zoom, Google Meet, or Microsoft Teams,...providing the best fast and best features for youngsters.

On the other hand, these digital devices, social communications, or intriguing games distract youngsters from important studying and become dependent on them. Furthermore, spending various of time online can cause prejudiced effects on physical and mental health causing bad-qualified workers in the future, especially in the Covid 19.

In conclusion, the advantage of using technology for online teaching outweigh the disadvantage because of its convenience and quality for studying preparation. By combing two types of learning methods online and offline, undergraduate students could gain more effective knowledge to prepare for the qualification of their major.
While some people truly type quite fast and could manage to click off a series of sentences within the 40 minute writing frame, that does not mean that the essay will get a passing score, or that the essay has been properly discussed. It is not the word count that will help you pass the test, it the quality of your reasoning presentation and proper use of English grammar rules that will count the most. Most importantly, the essay should stick to the standard 4 paragraph writing format. It will always be better for your score if you write clearly and explain yourself convincingly in an essay of 250-275 words. Sometimes, it is possible to write 300 words, but then the quality of the essay often suffers when the student aims for that number.

Your English grammar is good for the most part. This shows a high intelligence and proper control over English words and its usage. However, it also shows that you have a tendency to overdiscuss things when all the essay requires is a simple, yet convincing discussion presentation. Keep it short but clear. Do not focus on showing off your vocabulary, LR scoring and GRA is only a part of the test. The highest scores are obtained in the TA and C+C sections which, in this case, could have been better achieved.

By the way, your vocabulary usage focus left you open to several GRA deductions caused by improper punctuation usage, lack of proper simple, complex, and compound sentences, along with improper use of conjunctions. All of these errors will leave your essay with a high degree of deductions and in the process, a lower, but not failing, overall score. Provided you would have been able to complete such a long essay within the 40 minute time allottment that is. These are problems that were caused by your focus on length rather than the correct scoring expectations of the examiner.

There are several other problems with this essay that would continue to lower the score for this essay. I suggest you contact me for a private consultation so that I can fully explain to you why this essay will have a difficult time when it comes to getting good sectional scores.

Home / Writing Feedback / Universities and colleges are now offering qualifications through online learning - pros and cons