IELTS writing task 2: Some universities offer online courses. Is this positive or negative?

Vanan 2 / 2 1  

online courses as an alternative to campus classes

It is true that online courses are predominant in many universities compared to offline classes offered on campus. Although there are some drawbacks to this matter, I would argue that the benefits outshine its drawbacks.

The main disadvantage of the trend towards online learning would be the difficulty of direct interaction with lecturers. Students may not have the opportunities to discuss about the matter which they do not fully understand with their peers as well as their lecturers. Therefore, the quality of teaching and studying will not reach its best and students may fail to attain high scores in their exams. Another reason is not all students come from a wealthy family. They may not have a technological device to attend a corresponding course, therefore, they have to quit their courses and wait for the campus to offer the offline courses.

Despite the negatives mentioned above, I believe the benefits of attend online classes in universities outweigh that of the drawbacks. Firstly, when you study online you can manage your time more easily, as your timetable is flexible and you can arrange your time to study in every possible way. Secondly, online courses can help people from four corners of the world to apply for the courses that they like, despite of their nationality. age, race and ability. For example, during the COVID 19 pandemic many renowned universities in America offer online courses for all students over the world. It is the opportunity for students who is gifted and diligent but can not afford to leap at their dreams. Finally, the cost of some online courses offered by universities are often cheaper than that of the offline courses. That will be a great help to those who are facing some financial issues in their life.

In conclusion, there are certainly some disadvantages of studying online in universities, however, I would argue that it is a positive development overall.

The writer responded to the discussion question in the concluding paragraph. That was the only part of the essay that adhered to the discussion requirement. His overall restatement, response, and discussion pattern are all incorrect. These presentations in the early part do not meet the task and opinion discussion requirements.

The writer must understand that his failing score comes from the way that he used 3 different o discussion formats, none of which correspond to the original discussion pattern/format. It will be in his best interest to familiarize himself with the various task 2 formats before he continues with his practice essays.

Long explanations and extreme wordcount will be useless when the examiner can clearly see that the exam taker did not understand the discussion requirement.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing task 2: Some universities offer online courses. Is this positive or negative?