Some universities offer online courses as an alternative to classes delivered on campus.

Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

A number of universities suggest that classes through online platforms as a substitute for traditional classes. In my opinion, this trend can have both beneficial and detrimental impacts in equal measure.

On the one hand, several benefits of distance learning programmers should be taken into account. Firstly, students can save time to travel to school and back. As a result, they can spend time for other purposes such as sleep, doing their homework, and helping their parents to do household chores. Secondly, online courses can help universities to cut down on their expenses. For example, because schools do not need to invest in facilities as well as building infrastructure, which means that schools can deduct more money into student scholarships.

On the other hand, the drawback of this trend should not be ignored. The problem is that students can be distracted by the surrounding environment like replying to their friend's messages, joining in and out of social networking sites, and responding to their parents. Consequently, they can not attention to their lessons, which is leads to reducing the effectiveness of the learning process. In addition, lacking face-to-face interaction can be a big problem. For instance, when professors give students a group assignment, they will not discuss it just through messages or emails. As a result, students can miss information when all members in a group chat with a lot of people in there.

In conclusion, I believe that traditional or modern platform classes can have both positive and negative effects depending on individual students.
can have both beneficial and detrimental impacts in equal measure.

can have both positive and negative effects

Neither statements provide a direct and correct response to the question. The writer cannot use a response that is not part of the chouices provided by the prompt. This is not a comparative essay, nor is it an extent essay. The writer needs to clearly provide an opinion based on the given question, or risk receiving a failing score due to no clear opinion, based on the guide question, being provided. The misdirection of the response is a clear warning signal that the essay will tend to get a final failing score. The writer did not use the provided keywords for his response, which created a prompt deviation, leading to an incorrect discussion format. He clearly could not make up his mind about which side to support when he was asked to do so. Hence the middle response position that he took. Unfortunately, there was no middle response provided in the discussion, so the writer is considered to not have a clear opinion at all. Respond only based on the provided choices for the discussion. Never make up an unrelated response as that is usually the cause of an immediate failing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Some universities offer online courses as an alternative to classes delivered on campus.