Universities should provide easier access to poor people or people from rural areas who want study

arceus28 1 / -  
IELTS WRITING TASK 2:
Some people think that it is so difficult for poor people or people from rural areas to go to university so that the university should make it espescially easy to them. Do you agree or disagree ?

attend university by less privileged people

Many people believe that it is too challenging for underprivileged people or people from rural regions to attend university, and therefore university ought to provide favourable condition to study for them. To a certain extent, I agree with this view, while I also believe that there is an argument to disagree with it.

On the one hand, this opinion seems to be unreasonable simply because this situation could make the admission of unfair for students. In general, poor students or students from rural areas would have lower performance than those who have a wealthy background or live in cities. Thus, good students would be not able to attend university because of making way for poor students or those who live in the countryside.

In spite of the arguments above, I also argue against this view for the following reasons. To commence with helping poor people to escape from poverty. In evidence, the university will provide advanced knowledge and practical skills like teamwork, presentation, problem-solving for them. Consequently, the underprivileged students would not only become well-prepared for labour market but also be able to find stable employment in the future. Equally important is that this solution would develop social and economic growth in rural areas. Take my country as an example, where the student would be adopted by universities from the received scholarship of the government with the commitment that returns work homeland. Therefore, this would improve the quality of labour in the countryside that is the foundation to develop the economy and society in the country.

In conclusion, although I recognize possible arguments to accept this view, there are also persuasive reasons to believe that this idea is unreasonable.
DiepVu 2 / 4  
Take Taking my country as an example
I think it's ok in speaking but writing asks to use grammar in order.
In your conclusion, i have confusion with your performance because it's clear that your ideas above prone to support for poor students and just only one argument against
englanddreamer - / 1  
1st paragraph: You agree more than disagree thus this sentence should be made clearer " To a certain extent, I agree ..."

2nd and 3rd paragraphs: lack of linerity, some grammatical mistakes.
maria4506 2 / 3 1  
Hi there! Your essay is really good, but I think you need to consider some details as well.

First, I think your first body is not strong enough. If I am asked to argue that, I would say that because the students who live in big cities or have enough money to pay for their school fees have already approached to the good-quality education, as well as they have learned plenty of skills and knowledge, so there is no doubt that they are more knowledgeable and have more chances to go to universities. In contrast, poorer learners do not have many chances to approach to good education, so they should be given opportunities to approach to the same education like the richer have.

Second, if I were you, I wouldn't use take my country as an example, ... because it is not right in written English. Instead, I would use As an example, in my country, the students who...

Hope your writing always with best luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Universities should provide easier access to poor people or people from rural areas who want study