University education or Work experience? Uni is more helpful in getting a job; IELTS

Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Many people say that the only way to guarantee getting a good job is to complete a course of university education. Other claims that it is better to start work after school and gain experience in the world of work. How far do you agree or disagree with the above views?

Today, university education has become a mandatory eligible criterion for almost all sectors, but some people find it hard to accept the fact. They believe students can start doing work after completing their schooling to gain real time experience. I would suggest having college or university studies is must, in order to obtain clear idea about the work life and to acquire in depth knowledge in a particular field of study.

There are many advantages one can get benefit through higher degree education. First of all, students are getting opportunity to simulate the exhibits as available in industry. Secondly, the college syllabus were framed with much more laboratory classes rather than having theory sessions alone as in schools. In addition, there are many chances of having Industrial visits and guest lectures from highly qualified professional from various industry. Moreover, in school education we cannot expect all these facilities to enhance one's knowledge practically.

However, there are people who are successfully handling the things in their work without having any relationship towards college education. Based on their own struggle in real time environment, they might have learnt various activities to sustain in the industry. Nevertheless, such real time experiences perhaps aid them to earn money and gain experience at their early stages. Those gains were overwhelmed after several years and cannot help to find themselves at upper level managerial positions, for which companies are looking for highly qualified degree holders.

Having view on both sides, as a whole it is good to have standard university degree which will always be best choice for students, in order to reach the better position over the period. Though, the school education can provide better foundation for the career start but for the long run.
devabe2005 46 / 97  
Overall good essay.

the against para should come first and then followed agree paragraph. so that it will lead to conclusion para because you not supporting both the view.
OP Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Thanks Devaraj. Any more suggestions related to grammatical mistakes.

Arun
Today, university education has become a mandatory eligible criterion for almost all sectors, but some people find it hard to accept the fact.

Good opening : )

They believe students can start doing work after completing their schooling to gain real time experience.

My recommendation;
gain hands on experience OR gain real life work experience

I would suggest having college or university studies is a must, in order to obtain clear idea about the work life and to acquire in depth knowledge in a particular field of study.

I believe that college or university education is a must for one to obtain a well-rounded exposure and direction in order to succeed in his or her desired career path.
OP Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Thanks Duminda. Noted your suggestion.

For everyone in this forum:

I would like to say something that I am not good in identifying the mistakes of other in English. Since I am not good in Grammar.

Hence please don't mistake that I am not help others to improve their English knowledge.
Kindly help me to prepare for my IELTS exam as far as you could for the next 3 days.
devabe2005 46 / 97  
ok Arun, when you going to write the exam you mean coming saturday. All the best for your preparation.
OP Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Thank you Devaraj
joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Hai Arun...

Agree/disagree questions...
:Agree/ disagree completely : write arguments and its reasons with examle..
:agree/disagree partialy : write both sides arguments and exampls..

If you feel you have enough ideas in the 1st catogery, well write it in paras..
You have not enough points some points both sides, then agree partialy..but be careful.

If you feel your essay is not reaching the sufficient word strength, write laborate example.

If you feel you are running out of time and enough word strength chose example in short sentances.

I am completely agreeing with dev's comments.

All the best..
Tessy
OP Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Hi Tessy,
Thanks for your tips. Waiting for your comments for this essay too. If you have time kindly comment on this.

Many Thanks for everyone for spending time in reading my essay. will come up with next one shortly.

Arun
salmav 8 / 27 4  
Your essay is really great, you may get 7.0 or 7.5 for the writing task 2 :). anw, good luck on your ielts exam ^^

Home / Writing Feedback / University education or Work experience? Uni is more helpful in getting a job; IELTS