IELTS 'university students' tuition fees - beneficial to the public

carole 1 / 1  
I will be taking IELTS soon, and I need help improving my essays! Any comment helps! Thank you!

Topics: Some people say university students should pay for their tuition fees. Some others say the government should pay for the tuition fees. What is your opinion?

In the long history of human education, there exists a long-term discussion about the tuition fees. Some people hold that university students should pay for their tuition fees, while others think that tuition fees should be afforded by the government. Both of their opinions make sense in some degree. However, I prefer share the former one which can be held by certain raisons.

In the first place, we have to admit that paying tuition fees by government would be beneficial to the public. However, it puts, at the same time, heavy financial burden on the government. The government has already paid for the expenses of the infrastructure building and public welfare. Moreover, all of which have cost huge amount of money. So affording tuition fees will cut other budgets down, because the amount of money is stable.

Secondly, although, at present, the government does not spend money on tuition fee, it has already taken some effective actions to solve the financial problems of students from poor families, such as scholarship and educational loan. So students should pay for their tuition fees in order to share responsibility for the public education and to diminish government's burden.

Last but not the least, if students pay their tuition fees, they will do some part-time jobs to earn money and therefor enhance their awareness of finance and practice their ability. Furthermore, university students, above 18 years old, have been adults, should take bills for their own behaviors. And this measure would let them know how precious money is and cherish the opportunity of attending university.

To sum up, I believe that students should pay for their tuition fees, which alleviate the government's financial pressure and strength students' financial awareness.
ErinEmott 1 / 2  
Held by certain raisins? I think you meant reasons.

Other than that, your essay is great! You make good points and solidly support them. :)
OP carole 1 / 1  
oh! I really made some smell mistakes , just like u said "reason".

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 'university students' tuition fees - beneficial to the public