The unpaid community service is not necessary to be a compulsory program in high school

hiimsandra 5 / 7 3  
Question: Some people believe that unpaid community service should be compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighborhood or teaching sports to younger children. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

community service in curriculum

Nowadays, more and more people are concerning about whether the credits of community service should be forced to set in curriculum in high school or not. Some believe that this activity can help students to learn empathy while others think that it is totally wasting time. I agree with the latter notion, here are some ideas as below.

First of all, it is crucial for students to decide their future during this period. The school should provide more opportunities of field experience instead of an activity far different with studies. For example, I was confused when I was facing the option between Arts and Science. Fortunately, our high school more emphasized on practical experience, we were assigned to proper department after aptitude test. Subsequently, we explored our interest and develop skills during our short-term intern in cooperative enterprise.We cannot deny that young people should learn empathy in their age, but it is not necessary to be a compulsory program in high school. School can create the club relative to volunteer activities, holding unpaid community service in weekends.

Secondly, it is negative for local unemployment rate when students work as free labor. Unpaid community service seems helpful for local citizen, in fact, free labor replace the original workers. In addition, the wage might be influenced by unpaid community service. It is indisputable fact that the citizens support unpaid community service, so they can cost down the expenditures. However, it is unfair to original workers, they accepted a series of training, but they eventually get lower wage or even are fired by employers due to this activity. The school should consider this condition when they setting the curriculum.

By way of conclusion, I once reaffirm my position that the unpaid community service is not necessary to be a compulsory program in high school because of developing the skill of future preference and avoiding the increase of unemployment.
Sandra, your score for this essay will a 1. It is a failing score because you did not discuss the correct prompt requirement. Your Task Accuracy shows that you did not even come close to understanding what the topic is and what the discussion method required of you was. As you know, once you fail to accurately represent the TA, your test will get the lowest possible score, regardless of the other scoring considerations. In this instance, you created your own prompt requirement and discussed a topic that is not located within the original prompt.

You chose to discuss the following topic: Some believe that this activity can help students to learn empathy while others think that it is totally wasting time

While the real prompt topic was : Some people believe that unpaid community service should be compulsory part of high school programmes

Do you see where you deviated from the prompt? That is the main reason why it will be useless to continue reviewing the rest of your work on this essay. You did not follow the instructions you were provided with originally, so there is no sense in rating something that is incorrect.

Home / Writing Feedback / The unpaid community service is not necessary to be a compulsory program in high school