Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

The untold harm of logging to the environment by distracting both terrestrial and aquatic life forms

rizaldohabibie 19 / 35  
The logging industry, which supplies the raw materials for a large number of products, potentially has untold harm to the environment enormously distracting both terrestrial and aquatic life forms.

Trees protect the soil beneath used by an array of habitats, defend surface run-off by intercepting heavy rainfall to drip down, and stabilize the soil to prevent erosion.

The logging-related soil damage, such as furrows created by heavy equipment compressing the spongy soil, disrupts the underground water flow leaving an infertile layer. Furthermore, logging also damage aquatic life in which it obliterates the function of vegetation to maintain a steady water flow along the rivers leading to the oxygen depletion in the water killing fish and others. Trees fells keep the pollutants airborne as they cut the circle of plant respiration so that these mix with water vapor and form acid rain. Deforestation affects rainfall patterns resulting in flooding as well as drought and forest fires.

Forest is a vital natural resource containing wildlife habitats and biodiversity that shall be protected from disrupting logging practice.

Home / Writing Feedback / The untold harm of logging to the environment by distracting both terrestrial and aquatic life forms