Today urban sprawl is considered to pose serious problems; giving the opinion - IELTS Writing Task 2

DmitryB 3 / 3  
IELTS Writing Task 2

Nowadays urban sprawl is considered to pose serious problems. At the same time the idea of having your own house is very attractive.
Give opinion, think of possible solution.

Historically big cities are often seen as places of great opportunities. But there are also some major drawbacks of living in a megalopolis. In my point of view, the problem of ever growing cities is a very controversial issue for either the government or an average person.

The main aspect for someone who wants to migrate to a big city is the cost of living. Inhabitants of cities always have to pay higher price for housing, transport and even food. Another issue is that urban areas tend to suffer different social issues such as high crime rates or neighbours' inadequate behaviour. Furthermore, the air quality is getting worse even each day in the cities with highly developed industrial production. As a result, city life can be stressful and harmless for your health.

However, there are couple of steps that the government can take to tackle these problems. First of all, for the controlling of enormously growing city areas the should take under regulation each and every new building in the city. Secondly, it is necessary to build green areas surrounding blocks of flats or a mall to soften the impact of poor air condition. The third option can be to develop provincial towns, rural areas and villages, by moving some industry and jobs to those regions, in order to reduce the pressure on major cities and prevent them from uncontrolled sprawling. More than that, the undeveloped and rural areas are the best places for building your own separate house.

In conclusion, urban sprawl tends to become the key problem of the ongoing XXI century. Governments could certainly implement a range of measures to enhance the quality of life for all city residents and organise sustainable development of city's territory in the future.

(292 words)
Wolf Larsen - / 127 47  
Hello

I applied a few corrections to the text so that it sounds better:

there are also [...] a few major drawbacks to...
In my point of view, this accounts for a controversial aspect to the issue in question.
The main aspect dificulty...
Inhabitants of cities [...] City residents...
tend to suffer [...] to be affected by...
even each day [...] on a daily basis...
harmless [...]harmfull(?)
First of all, [...]it should impose additional regulations on the construction of new buildings.
to buildestablish... blocks of flatsappartment buildings...
separateprivate house.
tends to become [...] one of the 21st century's major issues.
Governments [...] The government....

I hope this came of help. Regards.

Home / Writing Feedback / Today urban sprawl is considered to pose serious problems; giving the opinion - IELTS Writing Task 2