Using credit card is a process that gets benefits and burdens

kasifcheng 1 / 1  

Credit cards pros and cons

Credit card is commonly use in modern society. Almost all citizens who have income have credit card, and it is one of the fastest ways of payment methods. Whether we are eating or shopping, we end up using credit card to pay bills. In fact, using credit card not only brings advantages but also produces consequences.

To begin with, using credit card can earn credits and gain discounts. Users tend to buy more, so that they accumulate points to exchange what they want for free. Moreover, many restaurants and shops provided discounts for credit card users. That is an incentive for customers to buy abundantly. The customers believed that pay more to reach the target was valuable, yet they were actually received a high amount of statement in the end of the month.

Due to a high consuming incentive of using credit card, these card owners easily struggle the intolerable bills. When they received an expensive monthly statement, which even higher than their monthly income, they would try an evil way to solve the bill: debt. Since then, the debt would be accumulated with late charges and other service fees, consequently the financial burden collapse victims' living.

In short, credit card is an effective and efficient tool to pay bills. When we eating and shopping, we can use credit card to consume. However, imbalanced using of it will cause personally financial crises. Never try to using over limit, which was regulated by the bank, is one of the secure strategies to avoid financial suffering.
Kasif, I am not sure what prompt you are responding to with this essay but you did a pretty good job at explaining the pros and cons of using a credit card. I just had a slight problem trying to reconcile what you were saying in paragraph 3. The bill is considered a debt to the credit card company. So how do the people who owe debt try to do something evil through debt? That doesn't make sense. You need to clarify that point. Perhaps what you are saying makes sense in your language, but translated to English, it becomes a contradiction. Since debt already exists, how can " the try an evil way to solve the bill: debt" make any sense? Something got lost in translation I think. Your essay makes sense most of the time and can be understood by a native speaker in most instances so this is a pretty good discussion of the given topic, in the general sense of the discussion.
OP kasifcheng 1 / 1  
Hi Holt,

Thanks you for your review, I attempt to pass for an English writing test, which difficulty might similar with IELTS paper 2. I was an University student in Hong Kong, however, I was failed for the exam for once. To pass for the exam, I intend to improve grammar, usage and style. Therefore, I write whatever I learn from English books to do practice.

That is my situation, and the paragraph 3 is revised as below.

Due to a high consuming incentive of using a credit card, these card owners easily struggle the intolerable bills. When they received an expensive monthly statement, which even higher than their monthly income, they would be forced by the bank in debt. Since then, the debt would be accumulated with late charges and other service fees. Consequently, this financial burden collapses victims' living, and they need to maintain the lower consuming standard to repay debt.

B.rgds
Kasif

Home / Writing Feedback / Using credit card is a process that gets benefits and burdens