TOEFL Essay about value life experience

SemehenM 4 / 7 2  
Human life reminds me endless education that commences at infancy and goes on to death. Beyond doubts, this "studying" is accompanied by happiness and sadness, that are both important and necessary, although some of us wonder, why troubles are so valuable. As for me, I agree with the point of view, that after years passed we consider troubles to be the most significant life experience.

First of all, hardships contribute to our understanding of one important life lesson - not repeat the previously made mistakes. In other words, once made an error should be recognized as forbidden pattern of behavior or way of thinking. As for me, I often made the same mistake - I used to contemplate the obviously profitable carrier proposals too long. Later I took into account this disadvantage of mine and so I have changed my attitude to negative experience.

In addition, one more valuable lesson, which one carries out from severe experience, is ability to overcome the difficulties. I mean, it enables us to manage with any hardship no matter how complicated it is, to invent unusual methods to solve the problems. Of course, there is no guarantee that our decisions will be absolutely appropriate for any current case, but even our attempts deserve respect. I remember one event that has become my greatest personal challenge. The first exam that I passed as a student was extremely exhausting, but this challenge renewed my belief in myself and, particularly, my ability to overcome hurdles.

To sum up, I would like to admit, that the main result of the difficult experience - the valuable life lessons - deserves involved efforts and resources. That is because it teaches us how not repeat the mistakes and overcome the difficulties. Otherwise we will be unable to behave rationally.

Maryana Semehen Š
You better include the prompt in your post to earn more relevant feed backs. It's difficult to understand what exactly your prompt means as you have mentioned only a part of it.

troubles to be the most significant life experiences .

First of all, hardships contribute to our understanding of one important life lesson - not repeat the previously made mistakes

.... hardships are not necessarily be mistakes that we make in life. So, why you connect them with mistakes. What you should have said is that hardships create opportunities for one to learn very valuable lessons for life that will help him to be successful in future endeavors.
OP SemehenM 4 / 7 2  

Thanks for advice)
Most experiences in our life that seemed difficult at the time become valuable lessons for the future

hardships are not necessarily be mistakes that we make in life. So, why you connect them with mistakes. What you should have said is that hardships create opportunities for one to learn very valuable lessons for life that will help him to be successful in future endeavors.

You are right: hardships don't lead to the mistakes in all cases. I'll correct my essay.

SemehenM:
troubles to be the most significant life experiences.

The word "experiences" is used in the topic of the essay. So, is it wrong?

What about the general impression: is not my essay too easy? Thanks in advance)

Ok... let's take your prompt again;

You started the essay saying;

Human life reminds me endless education that commences at infancy and goes on to death. Beyond doubts, this "studying" is accompanied by happiness and sadness, that are both important and necessary, although some of us wonder, why troubles are so valuable.

... well, when writing the introduction, your primary objective should be to introduce the topic/prompt clearly. In that case you can get lots of help from the prompt but need to rephrase it without copying one to one. Here you have attempted to get an entrance, but it sounds too complicated to the reader. Until I saw your topic, I couldn't catch the idea clearly. I feel you have some idea about the essay structure.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
.I mean, it enables us to manage with any hardship no matter how complicated it is, to invent unusual methods to solve the problems.

... "I mean" sounds too informal. It is heavily used in speaking, but not in writing. So avoid, that phrase and have something like " In other words", "This means that "

I mean, it enables us to managewith any hardship no matter how complicated it is, to invent unusual methods to solve the problems.

In other words, hardships enable us to find a way out no matter how complicated it is.
OP SemehenM 4 / 7 2  
Thank you

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL Essay about value life experience