Various issues will have to be faced by the government throughout its tenure - GRE Issue Essay

mac1994 1 / -  
TOPIC: Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.

A government is an organizational body that governs the rules and regulations of the country for the welfare of the people. It is the duty of the government to maintain the country's political stability, economic growth and national amity, with its people living and working in peace and thus foster the overall development of the nation.

The government is always bound by the need of the hour. Various issues will have to be faced by the government throughout its tenure. A few of them will have to be dealt with immediately, while others might need long term planning. It is therefore important for the government to sensibly prioritize such issues and handle them in an appropriate manner to avoid chaos. A smart way is to focus on the immediate problems of the present without neglecting the anticipated problems of the future.

Challenges like illiteracy, poverty, malnourishment, terrorism must be dealt with immediately along with a long term planning. A famous saying goes "nip it in the bud", which means that an end must be put on something while it is still in its nascent stages.

Such challenges faced by the government, if not taken care of immediately, would take a monstrous shape and stymie the progress of the country. Lets consider the illiteracy problem faced in present time. It is necessary for the government to make the adults of today aware of the importance of education so that they would ensure that they make it a point to educate their future generation. Thus the problem of illiteracy can be tackled.

If only plans for future are drafted to reduce poverty without taking care of immediate poor and malnourished, then the futuristic goals make no sense. In a similar manner, if methods are adopted to avert the situations of floods and famines without looking after the present victims of such natural disasters, then such a government is a disaster itself.

Immediate problems do require utmost attention. However, neglecting the anticipated problems of the future may put the government and its people in a fix. The people will be left unprepared for future crisis like global warming, depletion of non-renewable resources etc. Problems like depletion of natural resources like gas and water are a potential threat. Government must take up scientific projects to reduce the stress on natural resources and conserve them. These are the prerequisites for safe future which require diligent attention.

Problems will keep cropping up. It is the responsibility of the government to tackle the immediate problems efficiently to avoid their recurrence, and at the same time it must also handle the equally important anticipated problems. Not solving either of the problems, immediate or anticipated, would worsen the scenario. Hence, it is the duty of the Government to take into account the anticipated problems of tomorrow while majorly focusing on today's obstacles.
el_lee88 3 / 5  
I think, in the first paragraph you must say which do you accept : to solve the immediate problems of today or the anticipated problems of the future.

Home / Writing Feedback / Various issues will have to be faced by the government throughout its tenure - GRE Issue Essay