Various methods to get information - which are the most effective?

amy322 3 / 4 3  

IELTS WRITING TASK 2 (Cambridge 4)

Topic:

Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as
media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the
most effective.
>comics
>books
>radio
>television
>film
>theatre

My essay:

It is true that we have many various methods to get information nowadays. However, there are pros and cons in each way of receiving information.

We can watch television and films or listen to the radio in order to get information, or simply just for entertainment. Watching television, I believe, is the most effective way to learn new information. Television programs are usually played within a short period of time and mostly with pictures or videos, so that viewers can understand better. While due to the short broadcasting time of television programs, some producers may ignore other important information of the whole story. In this way, they might mislead viewers to a different opinion.

The second most effective way of accessing information is through radio. The reasons why I suggest this is that we listen to the radio while we are driving, cooking, or showering. It is definitely the easiest method to receive information. Since it is only giving audio information, it is hard to imagine sometimes. From my perspective, watching films is the least effective way, compared to the previous two methods. People need to spare a longer time, cost more energy, and pay better attention in order to watch a film; therefore, people do not watch films as often as they watch television, or listen to the radio. Nevertheless, films can carry out a huge amount of information and can be the most memorable one for the viewers.

In conclusion, I believe that among all the methods of receiving information, watching television is the most effective one, following by listening to the radio and watching films.
cookie115 1 / 2 1  
all of the points that i mention below are just my two cents anyway. if something is wrong, please correct me.
The reasons why I suggest this ...
audio information-> auditory information
... most effective one, following by listening ...
=> followed
spare a longer time-> spare more time
While due to the short ... -> ''while'' is not needed

You can use these vocabs alternatively:
pictures or videos-> visuals and sound effects
it is hard to imagine sometimes-> what we listen to hardly sinks in

Hope that you will accomplish what you are aiming for
You should properly restate the prompt for this essay and indicate which 3 methods of communication you will be discussing. So the format should have been:

There are various forms of technological data transference. I believe that there are 3 truly advantageous communication devices. These are (indicate 3). While there are effective means of knowledge transference, there are also 3 ineffective methods. As far as I am concerned, those are (indicate 3). Let me expound on my support and non support for each method of facts sharing.

Based on the aforementioned restatement. The 3 choices for each that you make should have connected reasoning discussions within the 2 sentence discussion paragraphs. This test is looking at your ability to create coherent and cohesive responses. So the interconnected reasoning method is important in the discussion.

The instruction says pick 3 of each. You are limited to only 1 per paragraph. The essay is not properly developed and does not represent the instructions properly. There is a high chance it will not pass the test.

Home / Writing Feedback / Various methods to get information - which are the most effective?