Don't be a victim of interview bias

RogerPham 1 / -  

Article recommendation

In my opinion, Interview Bias is reason why interviews may not get a good job or get a poor evaluation from the interviewers. First of all, I think that all candidates should understand what interview bias is. And, they'd better prepare plans to deal with them. A bias can be an opinion about whether a person is good or bad; of course, it's effect to the interviewer's decisions. Secondly, the author refer to eight biases that can happen during an interview, such as The Halo Effect Bias, The Contrast Bias and Cultural Noise Bias. Through these biases I feel that interviewers base biases on cognitive biases that cause them to evaluate may not be accurate. Also, they can choose wrong candidates versus job requirements. For example, a job applicant make a good impression on the interviewer, but he's weak some skill that job requirements. Finally, I think job candidates can antagonize biases by comprehend the types of biases that occur. Moreover, they should learn how to proceeding throughout an interview. In general, this article is very useful for people who are looking for a job. Also, I recommend this article to students who recently graduated from college or university should read at least one time. Because it's could help them to find a good job.

ps:
I write my opinion about this article
link article: aol/article/2010/06/15/interview-bias/19513463/
Nisa_sultan 2 / 2  
Hello @ RogerPham I interested to suggest comment on your essay and I hope will help you to write. I think you should write "bias as one of reasons" because I think there is other reason why interviewer to fail on their interview.

Keep writing @ RogerPham.
Thien, the clarity of your opinion is lost due to the manner of your discussion. You failed to make the reader understand that the bias is on the interviewers part and not the interviewee. Though you mentioned some of the biases involved in the article, you weren't really able to explain how the bias affected the applicant and how it can be overcome. As an opinion paper, you need to present reasons why you believe this article is right or wrong. Instead, you just gave a general discussion of the article. An effective opinion essay would have indicated an opinion either in agreement or disagreement with the author and then defended that stance. There is no reflection of that in this paper. The main question your opinion should have discussed is, "Do you agree or disagree with the author and why? Use examples of reasons from the article to defend your stance. " That is the normal function of an opinion essay that should have been represented here. What you wrote is an ineffective overview of the article, with a semblance of an opinion instead.

Home / Writing Feedback / Don't be a victim of interview bias