Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

'Vietnam's natural attractions' - something that make you proud about your country

learningtowrite 32 / 50  
Hey, it's been such a long time since I last posted. I have been slacking so far, and I guess it's time for me to start studying seriously again :)

Can you help me look through this essay? In some parts, there are some awkward phrasings and all, can you give me suggestions to improve it?

Thanks so much in advance!

People can travel around the world, staying in many famous places, but in the end each one of us only have one nation that we proudly call our home country. After travelling to many countries, experiencing a variety of cultural practices, I realise how lucky I am to be born in Vietnam, a heroic nation.

Vietnam is an ideal destination for any tourists who wish to experience a dynamic lifestyle blended with tranquillity. In any typical village of Vietnam, you will be surprised to see the white hats of the painstaking farmers stand out in the golden paddy fields under the bright sunlight everyday. The songs they sing in the fields drive away all the exhaustion of the warm weather and give tourists a refreshed mind, thus leaving an unforgettable impression on them.

What's more, my country is blessed with spectacular natural attractions. Anybody who once goes to Vietnam would like to visit again the magical Halong Bay, a range of mountains shaped in the form of auspicious animals. The glorious waterfall in Dalat City and the legendary love story passed down from hundreds of years ago will always stay fresh in the mind of anybody who has visited this city of romance.

In addition to the natural beauty of Vietnam, I am also proud of her because of its long and heroic history. Over the last thousand years, our people have shown their courage and loyalty to our beloved country by standing up to defend her against any intruders. Despite our forefathers' poor supple of weapons, they used anything they had, from knives to plough, to protect the nation against the powerful and advanced armed forces of France and America. Their courage had inspired other colonies around the world, including Laos, Cambodia and Cuba to fight for independence. I truly feel proud of my ancestors and feel blessed to be a Vietnamese.

Nowadays, due to our enormous success in the wars in the past, foreigners would regard Vietnam as a country only with an unassailable fighting spirit. We are not an aggressive nation; we only take up arms when the country calls for it; after bloodshed, we put away our weapons and lead a peaceful life. Our people are highly-disciplined and very talented. All Vietnamese alike have the spirit of striving for greater heights. The story of Mr. Nguyen Ngoc Ky, whose arms were disabled, can attest to this. His insatiable quest for knowledge had not been hampered by his disability, and he now is a famous, inspiring poet. I have heard of stories of Vietnamese students abroad like me around the world, overcoming all the hardships they face to achieve outstanding results in their studies. Whenever I think of these people, I can easily a sense of national pride, and I question myself, if they can do it, why can't I?

What I most admire about my fellow Vietnamese is that they have kind hearts towards each other. Last year, when Can Tho Bridge collapsed, the death toll rose up to thousands. When I was helplessly praying for the unfortunate victims, many people around Vietnam had already started forming volunteer groups to travel to the South and help those in need, not bothering about the troubles they would face. Times like that spark off within me the love and pride for my nation. Whether we are from the South or from the North, we are still one people, we are Vietnamese.

Whenever I say the word 'Vietnam', a thought of affection will cross my mind. Even though my country is still poor, I love every thing about her, from our usual everyday lifestyle to our fantastic attractions, from our heroic history to our humane and talented people. Hopefully, I will grow up into a good Vietnamese, to continue our success history and do my country proud.

Home / Writing Feedback / 'Vietnam's natural attractions' - something that make you proud about your country