What is your view on dillema: better life in the city or outside of a rural area?

maya137 1 / -  
Please help me review and assess this essay. Thank you very much!

Topic: Some people believe that living in big cities is becoming more difficult. Others believe that it is getting easier. Discuss both view and give your own opinion.

benefits of a big city or a small town

The emergence of urban areas throughout the world is an subsequence of industrial revolutions. While some individuals argue that city life is getting easier by days, opponents hold a strong belief that it is not simple to settle down in a big city. From my own perspective, urban residents could get quite a lot of benefits but in return, they have to face many deteriorating social problems.

Firstly, it is undeniable that people are attracted to city lifestyle that is more advantageous in various aspects. Due to the growth of industrial zones as well as financial and business centers, young people are likely to have more opportunities for building up a successful career. Furthermore, education system and healthcare system which employ the most updated technologies, could be a great contributor ro people's choice to live in urban areas. A large range of means of transportation and transportation amenity development could satisfy citizen's demand for travelling. For example, almost all capital cities around the world have built their metro system that is isolated from other ways of mass transport and meet the requirement of fast and convenient commuting. Last but not least, city life seems more interesting to youngsters because of a chain of entertaining centers including shopping mall, theatre, restaurant and theme park.

However, a flock of employees to cities is a potential cause to urban issues. Populous areas are confronting considerably polluted land water resources which are direct consequences of overuse or lax regulations. In addition, more and more slums or inner cities are uncontrollably spreading beside magnificent cities, which consequently contribute to social problems such as drug, criminal and poverty. Lastly, it is a fact that many citizens are strictly maintaining their primary needs due to growing living cost and high inflation. All substantial commodities like foods, vehicles, household appliances as well as accommodation and other services are likely to be charged at higher price compared to rural living cost.

All things considered, it is still a controversy over two views about city life and whether its benefits overweigh its drawbacks or not but I am of the belief that each individual should raise awareness of city problems for a sustainable urban development.
Long Nguyen 1 / 1  
As I know that in IELTS, the use of personal pronoun should be avoided: "I am of the belief that each individual should ..." You can revise this sentence so that the essay tone will be more neutral. :)

Home / Writing Feedback / What is your view on dillema: better life in the city or outside of a rural area?