Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

The view of a high payouts received by sports professionals and its perception by the society

siddiqumar 15 / 9 8  
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

These days, when sports become the most favorite show for people on media, the number of sports' club get lots of sponsorships from companies. As such, some people believe that earning a great deal more money for successful sports professionals is rational than people in other important professions because many corporations are brave to pay more for sport clubs in order to be able to promote their products. However, others argue that it is unfair as any other important occupations which are more difficult than sports players such doctor. Therefore, I would argue that although being sports professionals is not as hard as other important jobs, this can attract many companies to sponsor clubs.

To begin with, it is irrational if successful sports professionals get a great deal more money from their works than other important jobs because an effort to obtain good skills on sports is not more difficult than others. For instance, to become doctor needs a hard effort and long time since people have to finish their study at least five years in university. Consequently, doctor should earn much more money than professional sports players. It is clear that successful sports players should not get a great deal more salary than doctors.

The predominant factor that successful sports professionals can get a highest salary is companies' sponsorships because of several reasons. First of all, companies are more likely to sponsor sports clubs because millions people in the world enjoy watching sports show, so that it can be an effective advertisement for corporations to promote their products so as to increase sales. Next, companies need successful sports professionals to become brand ambassadors of companies' products because people tend to buy products which their idols use. Not only this, many corporations are brave to spend much money for paying professional sport players to make their brand become more valuable in customers mind.

In addition, for professional sport players, having a great income is rational because their professions need certain skills which all people cannot do it well. Take Cristiano Ronaldo, a football player of Real Madrid club, as an example. He is one of the most successful sports professionals in the world as he plays very well and often brings a victory for his club. As a result, the club gives a great deal of money for his effort in winning the tournament and the glory makes him easier to achieve success than any other players. There is no doubt that successful sports professionals should earn a great deal of money since they already work hard to reach the club goal.

To conclude, although some people think that earning a great deal money is unfair for successful sports professionals, I strongly believe that they can bring the number of benefits for lots of corporations because successful sports professionals can attract many customers to decide buying products, so as that companies get more incomes from sales.

Home / Writing Feedback / The view of a high payouts received by sports professionals and its perception by the society