Viewpoints on advertising

daisytruong2005 1 / -  

marketing statistics

Nowadays, advertisements appear everywhere as the competition between companies is high. There is an opinion that advertising is an important method to increase the number of sales. However, some individuals say that we often ignore it that is not effective. Today, we discuss both these views and I will give your own opinion.

On the one hand, advertisements have huge influence. They can not only introduce products in a place but also around the world. For instance, Prada handbags is a famous product all over the world although Prada is a luxury fashion brand in Italy. This result is based on their great advertisement that they choose a well-known person to become brand ambassador. Moreover, how to advertise is an extremely decisive key. If we don't have a good advertising plan, it will not bring high efficiency and waste our money as well as our time.

On the other hand, advertising does not pay attention. Some advertisements are impractical that do not show the truth about product's features. For example, many English learners installed grammar app on their phone or computer. Because it is advertised on Youtube whenever they watch any video. However, it brings us disappointment when they really use it. Therefore, they no longer pay attention to advertising.

In conclusion, while many people no longer put their trust in advertising, I believe that it still is a great method to persuade us to buy things as people spend a long time on social media such as Facebook and Instagram which are the most popular places to advertise.
The first sentence is the writer's personal opinion and should be merged with his opinion sentence as the reasoning basis instead. Never place an unrelated discussion point at the start of the essay as the examiner will see this as a deviation and deduct necessary points for the accuracy of the presentation. He will also not appreciate the lack of opinion presentation in the same paragraph. He will definitely not give accuracy and opinion scores in the paragraph that requires its presentation when the writer does not give any opinion in the paragraph. This is an almost failing prompt restatement+writer's opinion presentation. It cannot be given full scoring merits.

Actual scoring problems arise from the lack of proper discussion perspective in the discussion paragraphs. That is because all of the statements provided are solely from the writer's personal opinion / perspective. The discussion that is required needs the writer to offer an insight into a comparative discussion for each public opinion. That means:

POV 1: State the topic + why the public supports it + writer's opinion (support/non support)
POV 2: State the topic + public reasons for support + writer's opinion (support / non support)

The points of view and writer's opinion may be discussed in no particular order. It does not matter to the examiner. What does matter is the clarity of the writer's point of view in comparison to the public reasoning.

On the other hand, advertising does not pay attention.

This statement makes it appear that advertisers do not pay attention to the audience. However, it should mean that the people no longer pay attention to advertisements. The sentence is misleading, unclear, and refers to the wrong audience premise.
Pore 3 / 5  
You made a serious simple grammar mistake: For example, many English learners... Because..." This is wrong, and you shall connect them without any marks there. Please check your writing, this is simple error and can make you pay off.

Hope this can help!

Home / Writing Feedback / Viewpoints on advertising