Visit - voluntary experience for our project involved an orientation.

airamcalleja96 1 / -  
3rd February 2013
Visit 1
This was our first visit for this voluntary experience for our project. It involved an orientation. Basically we discussed some rules we have to follow with our overseers of the paediatric ward, Rita Galea and Michael Axiaq. Etiquette - for instance we refrain from wearing perfume. A strong scent can be nauseating and extremely uncomfortable to the patient's sense of smell. Hygiene is another important factor since we are going to be in a hospital even though it is a clean environment so we have to wash our hands frequently. We have to call first to make sure visitors are allowed since sometimes patients have severe viral infections such as meningitis. We should ask for permission first before we can talk to a patient or take any photos. Most patients value their privacy and may not want to be seen hooked up to machines and drainage tubes. W e should be quiet and not disturbing by making noise, yell or laugh because of the patients.

I am currently studying science subjects at school and my interest in science is constantly expanding. Science is a subject that is constantly growing and I am a passionately curious person in this section. A while ago I had the opportunity to participate in a voluntary job exposure in Mater Dei hospital for a week, in the parents care ward. Hence I already knew what to expect from this experience. Yet I was still in anticipation to start and see what it involves and to meet people from one of the fields of my interest and gain some new ideas. I intend to follow the rules given to us, do as instructed by our supervisors, behave and be punctual. I hope to enjoy this because volunteering is an excellent way to gain valuable experience and be a responsible citizen.
theiceman 1 / 2  
Hygiene is another important factor since we are going to be in a hospital even though it is a clean environment so we have to wash our hands frequently.

--- I think "so: was unnecessary. use comma instead.

We should be quiet and not disturbing by making noise, yell or laugh because of the patients.

----I think you should restructure it . I will write it like " We should be quiet and try not to disturb patients by making noise, yelling or laughing".

I am currently studying science subjects at school and my interest in science is constantly expanding. Science is a subject that is constantly growing and I am a passionately curious person in this section

------- Since you have used constantly already, try using a synonym like continuously or incessantly.
------- I think person in this section doesn't sound right. I am passionately curious in this field.

Rest of it looks good to me. Nice Job!

Home / Writing Feedback / Visit - voluntary experience for our project involved an orientation.