IELTS Writing Task 1 - Waste disposal in an European country

hoa123 2 / 2  

How is Trash Disposed in Europe?

The bar chart illustrates data from a European country about waste disposal from 2005 to 2008.
Overall, the chart clearly shows the waste disposed to landfill decreased exponentially. People used burning method moderately rose over time, and only waste dumped at sea remained relatively constant.

In 2005, waste disposal in landfill was significantly high, 1800 million tonnes. In contrast, only 500 million tonnes were burned, which was six and a half times less than the waste disposed in landfill, and 100 million tonnes less than waste that were thrown down to the ocean, which was 600 million tonnes.

However, in over four years, the number of waste in landfill surprisingly fell to only 600 million tonnes in 2008, whereas the burned waste climbed up to 900 million tonnes. Waste that went to the sea slightly fluctuated, ended with approximately 550 million tonnes in 2008.
Shao Yu Sung 1 / 1 1  
hi,I am sorry that i am not the expert in this area,but I have some alterations to share with you.
1.You may need to check if your characters is enough to reach the standard of IELTS Writing Task one. It seems that you only have 145words in your article.

2.I suggest that you have to check the sentence of "People used burning method...".I think that the sentence is a little bit weird and perhaps you need to use [ the method of/for something] instead of using the words"burning method"

3.Your second paragraph shows some numbers.The usage don't any mistakes, but I consider that you can try to use the word"billion"instead of using the word" million"in the whole paragraph.

4.In the sentence [... high,1800 million tonnes],I guess you want to spell the word "tons" not "tonnes". Moreover,I wonder if you can just wrote the number behind a comma.

5.lastly, in your last paragraph of your essay, my advise is that you can use the sentence pattern like "in contrast"or something else to indicate this is your final parts of the article.

These are my opinions for you. I hope you can make a great progress in preparing IELTS!
Rogerscup 5 / 8 1  
Hi,
1. You have to write at least 150 words on IELTS TASK 1. There was just 144 words in your article.

2.In your overview, I think you did the great job on describing the trend clearly, always remember that it is quite important to mention the trend in overview, if there is no tendency of rising or falling, it would be better to note that the highest or lowest point in the figure.

3. It is also important to describe the details that you have mention in your overview.

4. I think you did great on transition words, such as "In contrast" "However" "whereas".

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 1 - Waste disposal in an European country