Waste is not treated efficiently so the authority should pass laws to promote adequate actions

karlie 1 / -  

to what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste?

Even though recycling has become a well - known definition for a lot of people, but it is clear that waste is not treated efficiently in most homes. There are opinions that the authority should pass laws to promote people actions on treating garbage environmentally. Personally, laws are not the only way to tackle the problems and there are more effective solutions.

On the one hand, laws may affect people behaviour positively. The government can put punishments range from fine to community services. For those who still disobeying the rules, prison sentenced can be applied. The appropriate way to recycled from most houses is to separate them into different categories. This does not only make the streets cleaner but also offer lighter works for environment workers. In addition, money from punishments can be used to invest in treating wastes system as well as improve cities outlooks.

However, there are other appropriate approaches to encourage house owners to recycle. First of all, environmental-related topics should be made compulsory in the education system. Teaching children from an early age helps to mould their behaviour later on. Secondly, people are more enthusiastic when being praised, not punished. Therefore, there should be awards for those who have been doing great for the environment. Prizes do not mean the latest technology devices or expensive, it can simply an appreciation post on social media. This way promotes people interacts with the environment.

In conclusion, enacting laws on dumps treatment to the people might be too harsh, meanwhile, there are more effective solutions that still protect the environment and also encourage people positively.
Your first paragraph sentence opens with a confusing statement. That is due to the incorrect sentence formation. The inclusion of the word "but" caused the sentence to lack any proper meaning. If that word had not been included, then the sentence would have made proper sense. Consider doing more sentence building exercises to avoid making similar mistakes in the future.

You provided your personal opinion and reason in the opening paragraph, but once again, you failed to properly format the sentence . Where is the extent response? The lack of it will affect the TA score based on the expected discussion format. Always double check your presentation for prompt adherence. oThat means. besure you have properly provided the discussion format and topics in the response final form you wrote.

This is not to be formatted as a comparative discussion. Unless specified in the discussion, all task 2 essays require only 2 single opinion supporting paragraphs. your essay will therefore be read and scored based only on the single reasoning paragraph that supports your opinion. Then your essay may fall under the minimum 250 word count, leading to word count deductions, possibly, and finally resulting in a failing score when all the sectional errors are included and totalled to create your final score.

Don't get me wrong, you understood the question. It is the discussion presentation that proved to be the weak point of your writing. I am confident though that since I have called your attention to your writing problem areas, that you will show improvements in these areas in your future presentations.
Johnlee94 2 / 3 1  
Hi Karlie, I have some comments for your writing. I find the two most significant things you need to improve in your answer are "task achievement" and "grammar".

Personally, I find the way you express the ideas in the 2nd and 3rd paragraph is not strongly convincing.. even a bit confusing when you prove that laws may affect people behaviors positively by fining or putting them in prison... but the next paragraph you wrote .. better to be awarded not punished. Moreover, the conclusion seems not 100% to be in line with the body paragraphs... (the 2nd paragraph it seems you support the way that laws are impacting positively)/

Second point is grammar, I found lots of grammatical mistakes (e.g put punishments range; who still disobeying; prison sentenced' etc.)
Hope it help.

Home / Writing Feedback / Waste is not treated efficiently so the authority should pass laws to promote adequate actions