Is watching television better for learning about another countries? Is there another way?

irhame 52 / 50 25  
Some people say that you can learn more about another country by watching television programs and films about it than by actually visiting it. How true is this statement? Is there anything you can learn about another country by visiting it that you cannot learn by watching programs and films about it? Give reasons for your answers and including any relevant examples from your own experience.

Television has become information source for people all over the world. As such, some televisions programmes spread around the world very fast such as BBC program for most people as people will get information about other nations without spending more money to explore a place. However, I personally believe that visiting place is more efficient since people need updating information when the television has provided incomplete the latest information.

Many reasons people tend to watching television programs for knowing another state. Firstly, television programs are easy to find as television companies are race providing news and unique programs to satisfy watchers such as Al-Jazeera news. In addition, ones do not need spend more power and time as they only need television and sit down in their place like watching television in dinner room. Not only this, television performance is a basic tool for people improving their knowledge as now, it has been a easy guide to develop their information such as information about healthy, politics and tradition.

However, sometimes, the information is not up-to-date, so people should visit that place for justifying data as some fact said that development of developed country has changed so fast such Malaysia's development of infrastructures. As a result, information has to be updated every time. Therefore, television programs cannot always show new data that they presented.

In conclusion, although visiting a place is a way to ensure updated data, sometimes televisions program also provide it and those spread so fast because those simply for getting information. Therefore, I strongly believe that television programs have more positive impacts.
AinunAlfatih 15 / 14 8  
Some suggestion for your writing :

Firstly, television programs are easy to find as television companies are race providing compete to provide news and unique programs to satisfy watchers such as Al-Jazeera news

There are two questions and a task which ask your opinion about the topic, so it will better if you can divide your body paragraph into 3 paragraph. Two paragraph answer the question and one paragraph contains your opinion. it will make your writing ideas are easy to follow. Also, in your writing above, I can't see your opinion. It will reduce your point because you not cover all of the task of the essay.

Keep study !!

Home / Writing Feedback / Is watching television better for learning about another countries? Is there another way?