the way to achieve fitness and health

khoctham 6 / 12  
In some societies it is increasingly common to try to achieve good health and fitness through physically demanding sports, special diets, or preventative medicine - conventional or alternative. Some people, however, believe that the best way to stay fit and healthy is simply to lead a normal life.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Nowadays, when life quality is more and more improved, it is increasingly important to care about health and fitness. Many people think that playing physically demanding sports, having special diets or taking preventative medicine will bring them wellness. Of course this is true but not the best way to stay fit and healthy. To my mind, for two reasons below, I think the better way is for people to leave a normal life.

First of all, there are many common sporting activities of normal life which are not less profitable than physically demanding sports or special diets, such as morning walking, running, swimming, playing badminton. Those are the simplest and most popular activities for strength conservation that all people can easily take part in. Those cost people no money or just a little. My grandmother always walks at least 2km around our village every morning. She said that walking help to keep the old bone resistant, the fresh air in the morning also brings advantages too, it make you feel quiet and refreshing. Due to walking, she is very healthy now, even though she is nearly ninety. She can do some domestic works such as cooking, washing. I think morning walking benefit not only the olds, but also the younger people, even a little child.

Second of all, not many people can afford the cost of physically demanding sports, special diet or preventative medicine. These things seem to be destined for only ones having good circumstance. With a normal diet of a normal life, it absolutely can supply people with enough nutritive and vitamin. A very good example here is the oldest man in our village. He has no special diets. Beside fresh meat, he always eats much clean vegetables, and he said to me that one of the keys to maintain your good health is simply to have one banana each day. What a simple diet he has!

Of course, many people still think that playing physically demanding sports, having special diet or taking preventative medicine are the best way to keep healthy and fit. But it is noticeable that extremely practicing the demanding sports maybe wears people out and not relaxes their muscles and taking medicine too much and often will make people become dependent.

In conclusion, I think the best way to maintain good health is leading a simple and pure life.
This seems like the sort of essay where it might help to explicitly define the term "normal life" in your introduction. A normal life for some might involve sitting in front of a computer all day and eating mostly fast food for dinner and lunch. I think perhaps what you want to argue is that it is better to make exercise and healthy diet a part of one's normal life, rather than going on special diets or taking up special activities to try to get into shape.

Home / Writing Feedback / the way to achieve fitness and health