"No way out?"; Explain what this quote means

lindatong 1 / -  
The assignment: Explain what this quote means, why you chose it for your essay, and how it can affect your everyday life.

Has there ever been a time in your life when you have felt hopeless and vulnerable, experienced the forlorn sensation of falling in a gloomy, bottomless pit, or believed there was "no way out?" However, as Greek shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis explains, "It is in our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light." This quote means that in times of challenge and hardship, we must struggle to see the brighter side of every possible situation. In other words, instead of pitying yourselves and finding blame in everything, we should work on trying to find a solution to the problem.

Also, I chose this quote by Aristotle Onassis because I found the quote itself very inspirational. The quote has proved to be true in many aspects of my life, and has given me hope and understanding during hard times as well. For example, simply thinking of this quote while I was "stressed out" with my science research project gave me motivation to finish it. Another reason I chose this quote is because it reminded me of R.J. Palacio's Wonder, in which the main protagonist, Auggie, struggled with a facial deformity. Instead of judging Auggie harshly by how he looked, Auggie's family saw the "light" in him, especially his intellect, kindness, and bravery.

In addition, this quote can definitely be applied to my everyday life. It has already influenced me to become a more resilient person, persevere in the face of adversity, and just to keep moving on even when things are not going well. Furthermore, I have learned that there are always both positive and negative aspects to most difficult situations, and we get to choose which ones to focus on. As a result, I have been trying to catch myself when I am being negative and try thinking the opposite. In reference to Onassis's quote, we should remind ourselves every day about the light shining brightly upon each and every one of us.
runkirby - / 2  
Has there ever been a time in your life when you have feltfeel hopeless and vulnerable, experienced the forlorn sensation of falling in a gloomy bottomless pit , or believed there was "no way out?" However, as Greek shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis explains, "It is in our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light." This quote means that in times of challenge and hardship, we must struggle to see the brighter side of every possible situation. In other words, instead of pitying y ourselves and finding blame in everything, we should work on trying to finding a solution to the problem.

Also, I chose this quote by Aristotle Onassis because I found the quote itself very inspirational. The quoteItwasproven to be true in many aspects of my life, and has given me hope and understanding during hard times as well. For example, simply thinking of this quote while I was "stressed out" with my science research project gave me motivation to finish it. Another reason I chose this quote is because it reminds me of R.J. Palacio's Wonder, in which the main protagonist, Auggie, struggled with a facial deformity. Instead of judging Auggie harshly by how he looked, Auggie's family saw the "light" in him, especially his intellect, kindness, and bravery.

----- hope this helps a bit

Home / Writing Feedback / "No way out?"; Explain what this quote means