The Way People Enjoy Their Leisure Time

hirani03 36 / 50 5  
Write about the following topic.
Some people say that you can learn more about another country by watching television programs and films about it than by actually visiting it.
How true is this statement? Is there anything you can learn about another country by visiting it that you cannot learn by watching programs and films about it?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience.

People have many ways to enjoy their leisure time. They can explore some places or just watching television all day long. However, having a journey to abroad have more advantages than only stay and look at the TV.

Travel to abroad become one of the new trends. This is because the access to everywhere is easier than in the past. People can arrange their time to take pleasure in the vacation. Most of them choose this way because they want to get experience. This style may give the tourist a lot of impacts. They can interact with the household, they are able to walk around and they are capable to learn the local wisdom of the country. This was happen with my experience when I went to Johor Bahru, one of big city in Malaysia. Before I went there, I did not know how friendly the original inhabitants there, I had no idea how to be survive, and what is the local wisdom of Johor Bahru. When I arrived and lived around a week, finally I got all the answers above.

On the other hands, people are able to learn about foreign country by watching television. There are so many channels that share information about overseas. Although watching does not take big budget, consequence is the spectators merely get information which is reported in the screen. This is because the viewers are the passive devotee. The watcher cannot feel the sensations and no interactions.

In conclusion, explore the foreign country has many benefits than become a watcher. Having experiment, having a restricted acquaintance, and understanding the local wisdom of the overseas country are the precious adventure than cannot find if just lay down in front of television.
Fadhilahumar91 61 / 73 6  
hi hirani,,,

... because they want to get new experience
This style may give the tourist a lot of impacts. They can interact with the household, they ...
This was happen with my experience when ...
(i think there sentence is jumping. you explain about impact and then you mention about they can interact. So, if you mean that impacts are can interact...... i suggest you to make a sentence to combine that.)

On the other hands , people are able to learn ...

There are so many channels that share information ...
(when you say hands, so there two ore more statement that opposite with the paragraph before. But you just mention one statement, pay attention for it)

i think it is better when you mention your overall in the first paragraph.
dinartika19 37 / 67 6  
Hi Hirani!

journey to abroad

Travel to abroad : traveling abroad

they want to get new experience

they can interact with the household, they are able to walk around and they are capable to learn the ...

how to be survive

has no interactions.

the precious adventure thanwhich we cannot find

Home / Writing Feedback / The Way People Enjoy Their Leisure Time