TOEFL -the way a person dressed is a good indication of personality?

dannier 1 / 1  
Do you agree or disagree, the way a person dressed is a good indication of his/her personality or character?

The issue at hand is whether one person's dress can indicate his or her personality or character. It is difficult because there are many kinds for people out there and it's hard to define. However, personally, I agree that the way a person dressed is a good indication of his or her character and personality.

First of all, it is the way person dressed that function as an indicator to know one's character. Namely, people may wear different dress according to their jobs. For example, in Taiwan, students from different department may have different dress style. A girl student who majors in literature may wear suit and high heels, whereas girl who major in the science department wears blue jeans and sneakers. That is, maybe students who busy on the research don't have much time to make up. I still remember that when I first meet my girlfriend in the college, she wore a blue jeans and a T-shirt. That time, I guessed that she is science department student. The result is that I was right. Therefore, I think that it is the way people dressed that can indicate people's character.

In addition, it is the way person dressed that function as an indicator to know one's personality. That is, people can recognize a person's personality such like introvert or extrovert through what color they dress. For instance, people who wear bright color may because they are extrovert. Moreover, people's attitude toward job can be revealed from what they dress. My cousin, Nike, always wears business suit during his job, though his company doesn't ask about that. It means that Nike is a person who is care about his job and doesn't want to give a bed impression to his customers. After all, Nike does put many efforts in his job. Hence, I think that it is the way people dressed can indicate people's personality.

To put in the nut shell, while some people think that it is no use for recognizing people form the way they dressed, I think different. After all, the way people dressed makes it possible to indicate his or her character and personality.
Hope you can understand what I want to express. ^^

I think it is easy to understand your meaning, even though you have a lot of grammar errors.

For example...
First of all, it is the way person dressed dresses that functions as an indicator about one's character.

You should use "female"as an adjective:
A girl female student who majors in literature may wear suit and high heels, whereas girl who majors in the science department wears blue jeans and sneakers. That is, maybe students who are busy ...

Again, same correction here:
In addition, it is the way person dresses that functions as an indicator about one's personality.

In a nutshell, while some people think that it is no use for recognizing people form the way to judge people's character by the way they dress, I think differently.

:-) You are doing quite well! I can tell thatif you practice typing each sentence correctly 10 times you will learn the correct grammar.
OP dannier 1 / 1  
Thanks for your help!!!
My grammar is so poor that I really need lots of practices.
Thanks again!!!
Yeah, maybe it is poor, but you are smart! Lots of people in the 21st century are bilingual, and they speak with imperfect grammar in various languages. You are a perfect 21st century scholar, improving gradually. So, enjoy all of it! I'm glad you are practicing with us.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL -the way a person dressed is a good indication of personality?