The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need of commuting

cuongtran 1 / -  
Topic:
The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need for people to travel from home for work, education, or shopping.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is certainly true that traffic congestion has become a major problem, especially in big cities throughout the world. This is obvious from the number of vehicles on our roads and the amount of pollution they cause. This effect is probably due to individuals travelling for work, education and shopping. We can see this in the rush hours we experience every morning and evening.

It is also true that it is not necessary to daily commuting for work or study thanks to the rapid growth of technology. This advanced developments facilitate everyone can work from home as well as students can enroll distance learning courses with purpose of reducing traffic jam. Moreover, housekeepers can purchase all things they want by just a click on their smartphones. Everything is available on the internet that makes our life better and easier.

Even though everyone has right to access internet, there are a number of potential risks. People can work from home, but it is unrealistic to think they would all want to. In addition, people are less sociable because of lack of contact with each others and students are not under direct observance by their teachers which can lead to distract in their study.

In conclusion, I think while this practice could reduce the traffic problems in our cities, it is most unlikely to be an acceptable solution. In terms of other solutions, perhaps we need to encourage people to use public transports and limit private cars in city center. And government must consider other plans that widen roads with sky trams, subways or other acceptable alternative measure to reduce traffic jams on our roads.
The essay is all set to receive a failing mark. There can be no other consideration for this discussion since it does not respond to the task question which is "To what extent do you agree or disagree?" You changed the discussion format to "Causes and solutions". Thereby showing a clear lack of understanding of the prompt requirement. As such, you cannot be given a passing discussion consideration score. You failed the essay on 2 counts:

1. Failure to use the correct response format
2. Response is unrelated to the task

There was a misunderstanding of what the writing task was on your part. Which is why your response does not coincide with the given original prompt. It is for these reasons that your essay cannot be given a passing mark even as you gave valid explanations and examples in your discussion paragraphs.

Home / Writing Feedback / The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need of commuting