Essay about the ways to study of university students.

cherylluna 1 / -  
Writing Task 2 - Topic: Education

Choosing which subjects should be included in the curriculum of university is recently a topic of controversy. While some believe that university students are at liberty to study subjects they have a particular liking, others argue that they should be forced to study what might be useful and trendy in the future.

On the one hand, there are some arguments that can explain for the opinion of studying students' favorite subjects. Obviously, if they are fond of what they are learning, they would pay more attention to the lessons and acknowledge more. Therefore, students can develop themselves with full potentials and acquire better performance and achievement. For instant, if a student have interest in language, their marks for English and literature might be higher than that of math or science. Moreover, giving student the right to study whatever they like would create a diversity in job areas in the future. A healthy and balanced economy needs not only science and technology but also business, arts, tourism, and other sectors.

On the other hand, concentrating only on subjects related to what might be useful in the future has some benefits. Firstly, some fields such as STEM are irreplaceable and essential to our daily life as well as the development of the society. Therefore, graduates would not be jobless and not as competitive as other occupations due to the specialization of these areas. Secondly, the continued advance of science and technology provide students more employment opportunities with high salary; hence, their quality of life can be improved.

In conclusion, study for interests or for meeting job demands all have pros and cons . Personally, I advocate the view of pursue whichever we want to learn, but students should equip themselves with rudimentary knowledge of technology, which might be required in their careers, for a better job.
If you want to use the 4 paragraph comparative essay with personal opinion discussion, then you need to correct your writing style. As you know, you cannot include a new discussion in the reverse paraphrase conclusion as that is meant to simply create a summary of the discussion. You have to place the personal opinion either as a stand alone paragraph before the conclusion or within the other 2 public opinion discussion points.

The advanced method of writing this format essay is to have a clear topic sentence at the start that avoids word fillers such as "On the one hand" or "On the other hand" which are memorized phrases that will score your essay downward. Always use the subject of the paragraph as the first sentence. This clues the reader into what the topic of the paragraph is about and how it relates to the outline you provided in the paraphrase and opinion response.

The better and more time efficient way to respond to this essay is as follows:
Sentence 1: Topic sentence
Sentence 2: Explanation based on the public point of view
Sentence 3: Your opinion of the public point of view
Sentence 4: Explain your opinion
Sentence 5: Transition into the next topic (optional) or reverse paraphrase (in the case of the 2nd POV discussion paragraph)

By creating a comprehensive discussion per paragraph, covering both the public opinion and your personal opinion, the essay should show, not only an advanced method of discussion on your part, but also add to your coherence and cohesiveness score as your essay will be truly clear in terms of discussion topic considerations..

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about the ways to study of university students.