IELTS T2: In what ways has technology affected the types of relationship people make?

nancy07 3 / 5  
TOPIC: Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationship people make?. Has this become a positive or negative development?

~~~~~*~~~~~
It is true that with the emergence of technology, we nowadays have a rich variety of ways to interact with people. Apart from advantages, this also contains some problems.

On the one hand, the development of technology helps us to keep in contact with friends and family easily. We can make a call for them at anywhere, anytime to catch up with what they have been up to. For example, if we have to move to another country for studying abroad or the requirement of work, the products of telecommunication technologies such as mobile phone and internet are the best way for us to keep touch with our relatives and our chums. We can even make friends with many people in different foreign countries. Through internet services like yahoo messenger, social networking websites or internet calling, we have various alternative ways to contact each other which make the conversations more enjoyable.

On the other hand, technology also brings some problems about contact with people. The rapid growth of social networking makes people tend to prefer chatting through it to talking face to face. In my case, I and my crony had a date last weekend. We met at the coffee shop where near my house. During a date, she just focused on her mobile phone in order to update status and chat with her friends on Facebook instead of chatting with me. It was such a boring moment that I never want to fall into this situation again. In addition, I would believe that if we depend too much on social networking or other internet services, we will become lack of communication skills in reality.

In conclusion, though we cannot deny the benefits of technologies in keeping contact with each other, it would be a real pity if we relied on them too much which may makes communication face to face difficult.
elan 3 / 9 1  
if we have to move to another country for studying abroad
I think you can delete abroad, move to another country for studying and studying abroad are same.(is that right?)

And I like your article, it is simple but clear, and has a strong structure.

Thanks for sharing it!
gmad06 20 / 151 55  
the best way for us to keep in touch with our relatives

Through internet services like yahoo messenger, social networking websites or internet calling

parallelism, change this to voip calls instead

On the other hand, technology also brings some problems about contact with people. The rapid growth of social networking makes people tend to prefer chatting through it to talking face to face

Change this, I think the message you want to convey is about technological devices being a distraction.

Overall, the major problem is you did not answer the prompt question below, and the negative/ positive development should be about that
not the first sentence.

In what ways has technology affected the types of relationship people make?.

hope this helps...
Others have provided you with good feed backs. :)

On the other hand, technology also brings some problems about contact with people.

... try to align with your prompt better;
On the other hand, technology acts as a hindrance to forming strong relationships between people.

During a date, she just focused on her mobile phone in order to update status and chat with her friends on Facebook instead of chatting with me. It was such a boring moment that I never want to fall into this situation again. In addition, I would believe that if we depend too much on social networking or other internet services, we will become lack of communication skills in reality.

...nice example.... yes , you are right. However, I only hope this is a cooked up story and you really didn't experience this....LOL

which may makes

.... may make

On the other hand, technology can impact negatively on relationships between people.

The rapid growth of social networkingnetworks makes people tend to prefer chatting through it to talking face to face.

The rapid growth of online social networks have influenced people to depend on devices for maintaining relationships via online chatting. This has disturbed physical interactions between people.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS T2: In what ways has technology affected the types of relationship people make?