Weight of people is increasing-- causations and resolutions

cypress 8 / 18  
Question: in some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing.
what do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be take to solve them?

Answers
Public health is an important social issue not only because it is a vital facet of the government's concerns, but also because it can affect individuals' quality of life. Nowadays, more and more people are afflicted by obesity across countries and this situation is escalating since the new millennium. There are various reasons that cause this problem.

It is almost a common consensus that junk food is detrimental to consumers' health, but, strangely enough, more KFC and McDonalds stores have opened and there is no sign of a diminishing clientele. There is a rational explanation to this phenomenon that is the overwhelming pressure on urban dwellers and the unprecedented high pace of life. With extended working hours and amplified working loads, urban dwellers have found that it is a luxury to cook a decent meal at home. Meanwhile, due to the deteriorated economy, it is not affordable for most of families to dine in fancy restaurants. Naturally, the merits of fast food-fast and cheap-become so attractive to urban dwellers that people just ignore the cost of health.

It is urgent for the governments and NGOs to come up with solution to alleviate the public obesity issues. Given the analysis, it is imperative to advocate a healthier life style, which encourages people to pursue the balance between work and life, to slow down the pace of life deliberately, to treat their physical conditions as valuable assets. Secondly, the government should, on one hand, levy high tax rate on junk food and, on the other hand, to use the proceedings to fund campaigns promoting healthy lifestyle.

In conclusion, individuals should change their perception about life style and attempt to adopt healthy habits. Meanwhile, the government should endeavour to tackle obesity.
Nowadays, more and more people are afflicted by obesity across the country and this situation has been escalating since the new millennium.

There is a rational explanation to this phenomenon, which is the overwhelming pressure on urban dwellers and the unprecedented fast pace of life.

With extended working hours and amplified working loads, urban dwellers have found that it is a luxury to cook a decent meal at home.

Meanwhile, due to the deteriorated economy, it is not affordable for most of families to dine in fancy restaurants.

It is urgent for the governments and NGOs to come up with solutions to alleviate the public obesity issues.

Secondly, the government should, on one hand, levy a high tax rate on junk food and, on the other hand, to use the proceedings to fund campaigns promoting healthy lifestyles .

:)
OP cypress 8 / 18  
Thanks Susan.You have been a fantastic mentor for me.
Athena - / 83 3  
Hi,

In conclusion To conclude, individuals should change their perception about life style and attempt to adopt healthy habits.

Also, just space out the paragraphs a little :)

All the Best!!!

Home / Writing Feedback / Weight of people is increasing-- causations and resolutions