West Europe electricity generation resources

abeerbas 1 / -  
The pie charts show the electricity generated in Germany and France from all sources and renewables in the year 2009.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.

comparing electricity production

The pie charts below demonstrates the generation of electricity in both Germany and France in 2009 from all resources including details about the renewable ones.

As can be seen, Germany got the superiority in energy generation in comparison to France, depending mainly in conventional sources of energy while France used mainly nuclear energy. Moreover, both countries utilized fairly the renewable energy in its different kinds as a vital source of generating electricity. For instance, Germany produced mainly biomass energy while France harvested mostly in hydroelectric power.

It is noticeable that Germany maintained a higher quantity of energy production with 560 billion kWh compared to 510 billion kWh for France throughout 2009. For instance conventional thermal resources possessed the biggest slice in Germany with the value of 59.6% from the total share. However, conventional thermal energy was the small minority in France energy production depending mainly on nuclear resource as it bearded 76.0% from the whole proportions.

At the same time, renewable energy resources had a considerable portion in both countries, but they differed in its type produced. As an illustration, hydroelectric power was the main source of renewable energy produced in France with the percentage of 80.5% followed by wind (10.5%) and finally biomass energy (8.1%). Nevertheless, hydroelectric power generation ranked the 3rd place in Germany with 17.7% while biomass energy ranked the 1st in Germany with 39.35%.

Abeeb, when you write the summary overview, it is imperative that you accomplish that paragraph using at least 3 sentences due to task accuracy, grammar range and accuracy, as well as lexical resource. Writing an accurate restatement of the chart instructions will help to increase your score in those 3 areas. With regards to your paragraph bodies, it will always help your essay score when you do not neglect to present the percentage figure as provided in the charts along with your paragraph data presentation. This shows a thorough understanding of the provided information and also, presents the impression that you thoroughly analyzed all the data that you were provided. In a sense, your presentation gains a more personalized and less academic approach. Always consider the type of audience you might be presenting these facts to and write the presentation based upon their ability to understand the technical terms. This is a pretty solid piece of writing even with the shortcomings present. So it may be possible for your score around a 4 with this essay. There were too many skipped information presentations that prevented this essay from scoring any higher than that in the overall scoring consideration.

Home / Writing Feedback / West Europe electricity generation resources