ESSAY 250 WORDS - IELTS - Politicians and Scientists

victorp_sv 3 / 8  
Some people think that politicians and scientists have the greatest influence on the world, others disagree. Discuss both views and state your own opinion.

My essay ...

Scientists and politicians have played an important role in the world lately as their researches and decisions have effects worldwide. We all have been coping with innumerous problems, natural disasters or even conflicts for many reasons. The way our politicians are dealing and the resources and technologies to support these decisions might change the course of the history.

Having said that, politicians have a wide influence over their countries and the world through many means of communication and in some crucial points of recent situations they had their decisions based on scientist researches.

For instance, a recent epidemic of swine flu which was sparkled in México followed by a quick and huge spreading worldwide was tagged as the biggest flu ever by scientists and the only way to stop that would be buying vaccine developed by a well-known company. Despite some remaining cases, the epidemic was defeated and the most of countries had realised they overspent their revenue based on influence of scientists and politicians who endorsed them.

In addition, a good sample of politicians influence over the world is clearly demonstrated in the Cold War, whereas USA and ex-Soviet Union influenced the world to follow their economic model.

From my perspective, politicians and scientists really have a good influence worldwide. Although, I brought up some negative points they are always influencing the world to move forward.

------------------------------------
remya 2 / 10  
Hai,
As per the question You should discuss both the views.So try to point out the disagrement aspect too.Otherwise task fuilfilment won't be achieved.
OP victorp_sv 3 / 8  
Thanks. I agree with your point.

maybe would be better like this...

...

However, plenty of politicians and scientists have been attempting to make us thinking green. In other words, to induce us to think about the environment, carbon dioxide emissions, deforestation, among others. Nonetheless, they haven't been 100% successful to change everybody's mind.

kevinchen00723 3 / 10  
overall u seemed to have addressed the topic well but maybe u could be more specific with your opinion. e.g. why do they have good influence? u could give just a few examples. that would make ur essay stronger and your opinion more convincing
amymich79 1 / 2  
Scientists and politicians have played an important role in the world lately, as their researches and decisions have effects worldwideworldwide effects .We all haveWe have all been coping with innumerous problems, natural disasters orin addition toevencountless conflicts for many reasons. The way our politicians are dealing,andas well as the resources and technologies to support these decisions,mightmay well change the course of the history.

Having said that, politicians have a wide influence over their countries and the world through many means of communication and; furthermore, in some crucial points of recent situations they had their decisions based on scientist researches.

For instance, a recent epidemic of swine flu which was sparkled in México followed by a quick and hugevastspreading worldwideworldwide spreading, was tagged as the biggest flu ever by scientists, and the only way to stop that would be buying vaccine developed by a well-known company. Despite some remaining cases, the epidemic was defeated and the most of the countries had realisedrealized they overspent their revenue based on influence of scientists and politicians who endorsed them.

Number agreement, and use a comma:
Scientists and politicians have played important roles in the world lately, as their researches and decisions have effects worldwide.

...change the course of the history.

When you write a paragraph start with a TOPIC SENTENCE that tells the main idea of the paragraph. one paragraph = one idea. Do not write paragraphs that have only one sentence; sometimes it is okay to do that, but not when you are practicing the skill of good composition. Use a topic sentence, and then give another sentence that explains it. Then, give a sentence that gives an example. Finally, finish the paragraph with a thoughtful sentence that says something more about that idea in the topic sentence. That is how to write a good, well-developed paragraph.

:-)
OP victorp_sv 3 / 8  
IELTS = Based on British English
realised = british
realized = american

vast = huge

??

Thank you guys !!
winwin 1 / 5  
The way our politicians are dealing

I think you should express like this"The way our politicians are dealing with".

Home / Writing Feedback / ESSAY 250 WORDS - IELTS - Politicians and Scientists