Toefl essay: Work at home Vs work in office

Qingye 3 / 5  
Nowadays, with the development and wide use of Internet, an increasing number of people prefer to work remotely from home. Some think it has saved them a lot of time since they don't need to spend hours to commute everyday, others hold the opinion that working at offices is more efficient and convenient because of less distraction, more facilities and easy collaboration. From my view, it is better for all concerned to work in office, particularly when you need to highly concentrate on your work.

First of all, it is important to consider the working atmosphere. It is difficult to focus on work if you are working at home since there may be a lot of distractions.Certainly, some people can build at home an office, where is so quiet that they can focus on their work without interruption. However, for most people, it is a luxury to have an independent room for the working purpose. For example, when I am working at home, I have to work in the living room or in the bedroom. It is inevitable to be interrupted when my mother is cooking, or my parents are talking. Even when it is quiet, I always want to stand up, get some beverage, have a look of today's newspaper, take a rest on the sofa, and talk to my parents. There are so many things distracting me if I am working at home. This in turn makes my work low efficient.

In addition to the importance of working atmosphere, I think working at office is better for facilities and documents. Of course, for some people in some situations, a computer is enough for work. However, I think it would be fair to say that (for most people) you need to turn to the equipment and documents frequently in your work. For example, as an architect, when I design something I have to print some sketch and revise it over and over, so a sophisticated scanner and printer is convenient for me. Also, I often have to skim various books in my office to have a "brainstorm" and get some inspiration. Besides, it is sometimes necessary to read the old documents, which is always classified well in the cabinet. But when I am working at home, I cannot get all these resources to work productively.

Finally, it is easy to collaborate with coworkers and supervisors in office. You can discuss with you coworkers face to face when you encounter some problems, but there may be misunderstandings if you communicate on telephone. In addition,, your supervisor can correct your mistakes on time, thus you can continue your work smoothly. On the other hand, if you work at home, it's more difficult to get help from them.

In conclusion, based on the arguments explored above, I have a strong believe that in most cases it's actually more beneficial for one to work in office.
Some think it has saved them a lot of time since they don't need to spend hours to commute everyday, others hold the opinion that working at offices is more efficient and convenient because of less distraction, more facilities and easy collaboration.

This sentence is too long... When you avoid lengthy statements, you can arrange your flow more effectively;
Some think that this offers more convenient and flexible solutions for working in terms of time and geography. However, others believe that office environments provide the more efficient and enthusiastic work conditions by offering less distraction, more facilities and motivation.

From my view, it is better for all concerned to work in office, particularly when you need to highly concentrate on your work.

In my opinion, I support the idea of working in an office environment which I believe the best way to have employees concentration on their job.

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl essay: Work at home Vs work in office