WORK FROM HOME OR GO TO THE OFFICE (?)

naufal abiyyu 4 / 6 3  
Some people believe that work from home increases productivity. Others say that people should go to the office.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Answer:
Some get productivities when they stay at home, while others prefer to work from the office. While it is more acceptable due to disciplined atmosphere in the office, I believe that those stay working at home are getting more convenient.

Some workers need to have a disciplined environment to be productive, making them have to work in an office. It seems more employees are getting more productive when they are given the pressure of office targets. For example, since 2014 one of the biggest graphic design companies in the world called Pentagram located in the US has instructed their employees to create logo designs for their office work. Every worker has to give their best 5 logo designs in every single day of work. This is how Pentagram designers get their productivities and build a reputation as the biggest graphic design company in the world.

On the other hand, a sense of comfort at home is the reason why they can refresh the mind during work. This is because more companies give freedom of working at home for their employees to make them comfortable for works. Since Indonesian movie corporation "Creative Media" has instructed to their editor to create short movie edited from their home in 2018. Every editor has to collect their best trailer movie edited to office. Therefore, the company will evaluate and give some valuable feedback on their creation to be revised without any pressure atmosphere. This is how Creative Media keeps the souls of employees in order to stay fresh.

In conclusion, a worker should increase their productivities. That is the best way for them to have a disciplined environment to be more productive at work. However, people who feel comfortable in the fresh atmosphere certainly be more productive make them stay working at home.
Where is the dual point of view discussion? You failed to use the first, second, and third person pronouns as required by the GRA scoring considerations for this essay. It appears that the essay has been written only from a personal point of view. This is how the essay appears to the examiner because of the lack of pronoun usage in the paragraph presentations. You should not be presenting a personal opinion within the paraphrase. Mostly because the personal opinion is based on the comparison of the 2 points of view. Since you have not yet presented the two points of view, you should merely indicate that you will be creating an opinion at the end of the comparative discussion.

That said, this is an essay that contains 3 reasoning paragraphs based on 3 discussion points presented in the original prompt:
Reasoning 1: Some people believe that work from home increases productivity. (Explain why people believe this. Do not use a personal point of view)
Reasoning 2: Others say that people should go to the office. (Describe the reasons prefer to work at the office)
Reasoning 3: Personal choice (If you were to choose, where would you work? Why?)

Remember to use the correct group pronouns for the first 2 reasons and the first person pronoun in the third. You can present the first 2 discussion points in any order. Just make sure you present your opinion last.

Your conclusion should be presented in a specific manner. That is:
- Restate the discussion topic
- Summarize the reasons using 2 sentences. One for every point of view
- Repeat your opinion.
- Close the sentence without indicating that the reader should prefer any of the points of view in particular. You should not try to influence the reader towards your own point of view, even if you are asked to present one in your reasoning paragraphs.

Every Task 2 essay has a specific discussion format that needs to be followed so that you can gain a higher scoring consideration. You should make sure to familiarize yourself with all the discussion formats so that your responses will always be attuned to the discussion instructions.

Home / Writing Feedback / WORK FROM HOME OR GO TO THE OFFICE (?)