The personal and work-related challenges that young people face today - TOEFL Writing

Taichi 1 / -  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The personal and work-related challenges that young people face today are not very different from the challenges their parents and grandparents faced in the past.

I don't think that the personal and work-related challenges that young people face today are not very different from the challenges their parents and grandparents faced in the past for the following two reasons.

Firstly, with communication style changed dramatically, we have to offer communication tools more cheaply. Nowadays, we can have a conversation with each other with cell phone, Skype, Facebook or Twitter anytime anywhere in the world. On the other hand, it was not easy even to meet someone at particular time and place because they didn't have cell phones and kept in touch. Therefore, they thought of making communication more easily and developed a personal computer and a cell phone. However, most people have a PC or a cell phone now, so we have to offer a variety services making people have fun or enriching people's lives at lower costs.

Secondly, in Japan, many companies have been more globalized recently, and have to cooperate with other countries and compete with not only domestic companies but also global companies. Also, there are so many companies that enlarge their business into other countries, and seek someone who can speak English. But in the past, most companies didn't need to seek bilingual, and people can work even if they can speak English. Moreover, although they got promoted by their age because there was a seniority system, this has been breaking down and they are likely to be evaluated based on their merits now.

In conclusion, as stated above two reasons, the changes of communication style and work conditions, I don't think the personal and work-related challenges that young people face today are not very different from the challenges their parents and grandparents faced in the past.
Taichi, you need to review your essay for content again. Once someone reads your essay it becomes pretty obvious that you did not understand the prompt requirements. Your response is definitely wrong and does not address the question posed in the correct manner. Let me try to explain to you what is being asked in the essay.

Basically, you know the world that we live in today. Life is easier because of gadgets and technology. These things did not exist during the time of our grandparents. We consider our lives easier today because of the technology. that helps us. When you hear the stories of your grandparents about their own lives when they were growing up and working, did you ever think that "Oh, they had a very hard time when they were growing up / working. I am lucky that I do not live in that world today." ? That Taichi, is the basis question of this essay.

The answer to the question is yes, the personal and work related challenges that we face today are very different from our grandparents and parents.Therefore you should be disagreeing with the statement provided. Life has become easier for us because everything is just a facebook, tweet, instagram, or skype message away. We are always in contact with our friends and relatives. We don't need to work so hard to do well in school because of the internet, etc. All of these things were the obstacles that stood on the path of the previous generations.

Considering the information I have given you above, don't you think that you argument now becomes weak? Reconsider your closing statement. Think about it very well and you will see that the work and personal challenges that faced our parents and grandparents are far removed and far different from the challenges the youth of today face.

Home / Writing Feedback / The personal and work-related challenges that young people face today - TOEFL Writing