Work and study online - benefits and drawbacks

lzlywyb 1 / -  

Many adults are working from home, and more children are beginning to study from home

In this ever-changing modern world, the proliferation of domestic working and learning is more available since modern technological devices are not as expensive and unattainable as previously. As regards studying online, several people critically reckon that staying at home all day will bring people a variety of severe impacts on their health and relationships. However, others take the opposite view that working at home has a few merits. As far as I am concerned, I concur with the first way of thinking.

That numerous people are working and learning from home will contribute to the abatement of mortality rate by accidents and air pollution. Initially, people not going to work and school mean that the amount of using means of transportation is getting less and less. As a result, it helps avoid traffic crashes as much as possible and declines the number of injured and lethal victims. Likewise, the fewer vehicle users are, the less fume emission is released, which helps the atmosphere less contaminated.

However, the impediments eclipse the lucrative side. First, spending the whole day sitting at home leads to a detrimental state of health. For instance, keeping all eyes on screens will make people have sore eyes or even be short-sighted; in addition, staying at home every day results in the laziness of doing exercise and obesity. Another drawback of working at home is that relationships such as family, colleagues, and friends can become more and more distant. Because various people spend most of their time at home focusing on working and studying, they sometimes go out to meet others or keep in touch with close people.

In a nutshell, I would like to emphasize that without a shadow of a doubt, working and learning from home is worthwhile; however, the risks that are physical health and more faraway relationships are not firmly negligible.
I concur with the first way of thinking.

The writer has not formatted his response properly. The topics cannot be discussed selectively as the 2 are partnered presentation topics in the original prompt.

Concurring with a way of thought is also unacceptable because the discussion question relates to a viewpoint related to positive or negative developments for both groups in relation to technology access.

Creating an unrelated discussion response will result in topic response deductions for this essay.

the abatement of mortality rate by accidents and air pollution

The writer is off target in his discussion. The only basis for consideration is the cost of technology as it relates to work and study. The writer shows that he has not understood the discussion requirements. He has failed the test.

Use an outline before writing the draft and final response next time:
Topic: Work and study from home
Subjects : Students and adults
Discussion Focus: Cheap technology has made it easier to work and study from home
Discussion Point: Is it a positive or negative development?

Home / Writing Feedback / Work and study online - benefits and drawbacks