Work or travel during gap year - Discuss!

charlotte_macyc 2 / -  
In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages fr young people who decide to do it.

Working and traveling before the start of university studies is common in many countries. Most students are enthusiastic about this idea while some parents strongly oppose it. This experience has several advantages and disadvantages.

First and foremost, the experience is beneficial to university studies and personal growth. During the high school period, students only focus on academic performance, so they do not have time to spend on working and study tour fora year. However, not only study is important in university, but also social experience as students should a global view in all subjects. Young people have a broader view and become more independent after this break. For example, they need to take care of themselves without any help of family. It is obvious that they are no longer a child who only know how to study but a young adult who is capable to live in society.

Aside from advantage, there is potential risk in this important period. Yong people may give up studying or find difficult to adapt the academic environment once again because of which they want to continue working or have a new perspective of study. But it is no problem at all as academic qualifications are not directly related these days.

In my opinion, they should be encouraged to broaden their horizons which help them to recognize their future path and develop a positive value judgment. Students then have motivations achieving their own goals.
daliqin 4 / 12  
In my opinion, they should be encouraged to broaden their horizons which will help them to recognize their future path and develop a positive value judgment. Students then have motivations to achieve their own goals.
Working and traveling before the start of university studies is common in many countries. Most students are enthusiastic about this idea while some parents strongly oppose it. This experience has several advantages and disadvantages. (Right here, before you end the paragraph you should have a thesis statement that sums up your whole idea. Can you sum up your main idea in a single sentence here at the end of the first paragraph?

:-)

...spend on working and study tour fora for a year.

It is obvious that they are no longer a child children who only know how to study. They have become young adults who are capable of living in society.

Students then have motivation to achieve their own goals.

Home / Writing Feedback / Work or travel during gap year - Discuss!