IELTS WRITING TASK 2: WORKING AND STUDYING FROM HOME, USING CLOUD-BASED SERVICES

Hello everyone, I am a newbie on this website. I am studying English myself and plan to take the IELTS test next two months. My target for Writing is about 6.5. Here is one of my practices and I am glad to receive all of your feedback.

Around the world, many adults are working from home, and more children are beginning to study from home because technology has become cheaper and more accessible.

Do you think this is a positive or negative development?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

During Covid-19, the online-based technologies for working or learning from home are becoming familiar globally. As far as I am concerned, these helpful developments have changed our human life positively.

Firstly, the more people get access to these tools, the more affordable their price for one user is. When the apps and websites used for telecommuting gain popularity, there will be much more players providing this kind of service. Under the pressure of competition, service suppliers will cut down their costs and prices.

Secondly, working and studying online means that student doesn't have to go to school and adults don't need to be at the office all day. In a long run, that could be a low-cost and reasonable solution for all organizations in view of the fact that they needn't have as many facilities as they used to. Thus, they could save a relatively huge amount of money on utility bills. About children, their parents are able to pay lower tuition fees because other expenses for schools have gone.

Last but not least, although teleconferencing and distance education are not as effective as direct interaction, there are still some obligatory circumstances that we have to use them. To illustrate, in the case of pandemics like Covid-19, it is practically impossible to hold classes and meetings offline. That is the reason why Zoom which is a cloud-based app providing videotelephony and online chat services achieved its success and rose up as a billion-dollar business.

In conclusion, we are not able to do the whole task online using cloud-based services. Nevertheless, teleworking and distance education are now well-received all over the world. Anyway, it cannot be denied that these technologies are useful and necessary for our life.
these helpful developments have changed our human life positively.

Kindly provide at least 2 reasons why you believe this to be true. This is to help create a summary of the upcoming discussion based on a clear opinion and supporting evidence or topics.

Last but not least,

This is a 2 paragraph discussion essay. Adding another reason will not help your score. Rather, it could add to your response wors that could reduce your potential to recieve a passing score.

we are not able to do the whole task online using cloud-based services.

You are to present a summary of the preceding topic and reasons. You must avoid adding information that you cannot further explain in this section. A reverse summary will be acceptable.

There is a sense of clarity in your presentation that proves your ability to understand and create an English based discussion. Keep writing. I am sure you can hone your potential further.
OP phuongtrang56780 2 / 4  
Thank you so much! Your feedback is really meaningful to me.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2: WORKING AND STUDYING FROM HOME, USING CLOUD-BASED SERVICES