"my worst day in recent memory"; College Essay

tymack 1 / -  
Hello to anyone who make be reading this. I am having trouble typing a descriptive essay about "my worst day in recent memory" for my College English 1101 class. So far, I have only typed an introductory paragraph, which could be seen below this excerpt. It is urgent that I get some kind of guidance with this essay because it is due in two days and I am having the worst case of writer's block ever! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?!

Never, in a million years, would I have imagined that the most terrifying day of my thirteen-year-old life would take place in a city so imperial and historical- our nation's capital, Washington DC. The unfamiliar sites of bumblebee-toned taxis and belligerent commuters from all walks of life were enough to make me want to ball up in the fetal position. That was the exact feeling I felt when visiting Washington DC for the inauguration of our current, forty-four president, Barack Obama. As lucky as I was to be chosen to be a part of such a once-in-a-lifetime-chance event, I wasn't having much luck in the "City of Freedom".
penparker 1 / 4  
forty-fourth president
It wasn't clear to me how can this be the worst day? i mean. what makes it the worst? clearly state/show it. also cut your first sentence.. the topic can't hold that much of a thought.. probably split the sentence.. and if you're planning to add more details .. then do support why I wasn't having much luck in the "City of Freedom".

Home / Writing Feedback / "my worst day in recent memory"; College Essay