IELTS WRITNG TASK 2 - ONLINE EDUCATION PROS AND CONS

nguyenhanh7802 1 / -  
Nowadays online education has become popular as more institutes and companies are offering courses online.

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this method.

There is an increase in the number of institutes and businesses using the online meeting method recently. Despite having some controversy, learning online has its pros and cons.

Nowadays, especially in the current pandemic situation, technology plays an important role in education and working. Because of social distancing policies, the online meeting is the most convenient working method to keep our health leading to reducing in the number of covid cases. Another benefit of the online class is that it can save our time and cost for traveling to the study and working spaces, especially with busy people. Furthermore, with many current digital devices, online courses can be recorded meaning that we can save and rewatch them as needed, for instance, students can revise lessons to prepare for their exams or some people can playback them if they miss some parts of the video.

On the other hand, online education has some drawbacks relating to device connection, interaction, and teacher observation. The Online meeting can be disrupted due to many technical glitches such as internet congestion, power cut...which can influence the timeline and the content of the meeting. Moreover, when learning in conventional class, students can get a better chance to interact with their teacher and their peers, as a result, students can grasp the course more efficiently and have an ideal occasion to discuss and work in a team with each other. Also, it is hard for teachers to monitor all their student's progress to make sure they are focusing on the lesson, in fact, several students can sleep and do their own works without teacher detection during the lesson.

All in all, the online meeting allow students to study from anywhere and at any time, it is also cost-effective and suitable with the current pandemic situation. However, it has several disadvantages about technical connection, the lacking of interaction, and teacher's observation.
Despite having some controversy, learning online has its pros and cons.

So what?What is the point of telling me this if you cannot identify an advantage and disadvantage as preliminary evidence of this statement ? Where is your summarized discussion data basis? The paraphrase is okay but the thesis statement needs work.

Nowadays, especially in the current pandemic situation, technology plays an important role in education and working.

Redundancy. Start with an actual topic sentence that introduces the subject. The second sentence here is the topic sentence.

Because of social distancing policies, the ... of covid case

This is an idea statement that you failed to properly develop as a reason. Reasons require supporting examples and explanations to fully make itself understood to the reader. This statement only contains ideas and opinions but severely lacks in justifications. Your C& C score will be affected.

Try to make yourself better understood. Don't just run after ideas. Make the reader believe you are right based on personal experience, knowledge. and publicly known facts. These are the reference points you can use to improve the C&C score of your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITNG TASK 2 - ONLINE EDUCATION PROS AND CONS