Writting a argument synthesis essay about Divorce and children

Barzakh1 2 / 2  
Writting a argument synthesis essay about Divorce and children using different sources and as mush as academic language.I would appreciate of someone could help me in correcting and using academic English words in my essay, Thanks.

"Divorce and Children"

Divorce generally puts children at greater risk for many kinds of problems. However, most children of divorce do not experience those serious problems; most children are strong and resilient, and most have returned to a pretty normal life after 2-3 years. The problems children of divorce may experience are often present even before the divorce, perhaps the result of conflict between parents, less attention from parents, depression, or other factors. Children in a high- conflict marriage situation generally are better off if their parents decide to divorce compared to children whose parents stay married and continue to experience high levels of conflict. Children in low-conflict marriage situations, however, generally do worse when their parents' divorce compared to children whose parents stay married and keep trying to work things out. Children are developing physically, socially, emotionally, educationally, morally, and spiritually; research shows that divorce can affect children in each of these developmental areas. In adulthood, children of divorce are 2-3 times more likely to experience a divorce compared to children who did not experience a divorce growing up. Divorce is a life-transforming experience. After divorce, childhood is different. Adolescence is different. Adulthood with the decision to marry or not and have children or not is different. Every couple should consider at least few months living together before the final decision of marriage in order to avoid a divorce and cause an emotional harm to the child. Due to the huge effect of divorce on different young and adolescent children, whether the outcome is good or bad, the whole trajectory of child's life is profoundly altered by the divorce experience.

Divorce is the consequence of many reasons, yet the most important are women's changing roles, infidelity, financial problems and immaturity. Women are becoming professional in modern times which can be good if you know to prioritize, but it can be a problem if you neglect your family. Infidelity is another reason. Spouses seek out comfort somewhere else if things are not working out in a marriage which results in infidelity and very few marriages recover from it. But the other possibility could be the couples who are not even paying enough attention to their marriage and future. There are many young men and women out there who get married after a very short period of knowing each other and then suddenly after a while realizing that their spouse is not the one they were looking for. A large study has just been published by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta. An article published in the Christian Science Monitor discusses "Cohabitation before marriage? It's no greater divorce risk." The researchers surveyed over 22,000 men and women. It appears that times have changed in that living together does not increase the divorce rate like it used to in the past. "It's not playing as big a role in predicting divorce as it used to," said Casey Copen, lead author of the study. In any case, in this country there is an increasing trend for living together before marriage. The article states that in the 1960′s 10% of American couples moved in together before getting married and that these people had an increased risk of having a divorce. However, today, about 60% of couples cohabit before they get married, and the divorce rate has since decreased with an increase in marriage stability. According to "The National Center for Family and Marriage", men and women who were engaged and living together before the wedding were about as likely to have marriages that lasted 15 years as couples who hadn't lived together. Researchers have recently indicated that some young people put off marriage to attend college, start careers and to travel while growing into adulthood. Dr. Galena Rhoades, the D.U. Center for Marital and Family Studies, illustrated that "We think the study showed nearly half of first marriages will end within 20 years regardless of prior cohabitation". After the short cohabitation, couples can be married by having an understanding of each other; thus their children will no more suffer from emotional risks. Therefore, a short period of cohabitation before marriage and a small amount of attention from both sides can save a life and a family.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Divorce has a huge social, emotional, personalitypersonal , and physical health effect on different children

Usually the adverse effectsinfluences (use synonym) of

Growing up in a single parent home

Do not repeat this phrase. Reword it to something like this :"The children who spend their lives in such families/environment" OR "Living in this type of family may bring children with psychological issues/damage"

As mentioned earlier, one of the biggest areas of personality that is affectedimpacted (use synonym) by divorce

Many of these personality changes are due toarisen from (OR based on) a change in the way that a child views himself or herself.

Professor Pickardt argues onover the same point

According toBased on the research, conducted by Dr. Judith S. Wallerstein, a Divorce Researcher and Physiologist,

Once giving a birth, parents are responsible for their kidsthe life of that kid and their most important responsibility is the way that they will raise the children

to raise

use synonym like "bring up"

According to Dr. Connell researches "Fifty percent of all children

Do not repeat "According to". U can write: "Dr. XXX points out that," OR "The statistics, presented by Dr. xx, revealed that..."

Overall, it is a great work. Have fun
Ahmad
this is a very interesting topic to write on and you have presented some very good facts. :)
Here are some suggestions you may find useful.

Divorce generally puts children at greater risk for many kinds of problems.

A divorce is child's nightmare.It is one of the most harmful things that could happen to his future.

However, most children of divorce do not experience those serious problems; most children are strong and resilient, and most have returned to a pretty normal life after 2-3 years.

... Children of divorce????
Thankfully, most children whose parents have divorced have managed somehow to overcome the emotional trauma.

Try and reduce the grammatical errors and you will have done a good job. :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Writting a argument synthesis essay about Divorce and children