IELTS WTITING TASK 1: how journey times in a city centre changed after improvements were made to the

ekalamarsyari11 72 / 108 9  
The table and bar chart show how journey times in a city centre changed after improvements were made to the transport network, and the costs of using different forms of transport in the city.

The table shows how long it took to travel around a city before and after transport network was improved. The bar graph shows how much it cost to travel different form of transport in the city.

The best improvement of time duration was experienced by tram. It fell from 22 minutes to only 16 minutes. In the similar way with tram, bus became faster than before although it still took 23 minutes. Meanwhile, the fastest transport before the advancement, taxi, became slower by decreasing 3 minutes. However, taxi still the fastest vehicle to travel in the city.

Meanwhile, the bar graph reveals that taxi was the most expensive form of transport because it costed for nearly Є1.80. In the folowed list was car that spent about Є1.00. While tram and bus were cheaper. They took only Є0.40 and Є0.20.

To sum up, after the refinement of transport network tram witnessed the most significant improvement in time of journey in the city and took more economically budget. While, taxi was still the fastest transport but it was the most expensive among others.

tyar32 10 / 14  
Hi ekalamarsyari11
There are many suggestions to you. I hope this suggestions can help you to improve your skills.

The table and bar chart show ----> The table and bar chart shows or The table and bar chart presents information about
It fell from 22 minutes to only 16 minutes ----> you can replace with it's more effective. it fell down by 6 minutes to 16 minutes
the bar graph reveals that taxi was the most expensive form of transport ----> you can enlighting this information first. because this is the most expensive

To sum up, after the refinement of transport network(...) While, taxi was still the fastest transport but... ----> you can put this conclusion between introduction and body

Best regrads,
tyar32
jomul01 14 / 14 1  
hi eka lamar syari, here is my suggestion

The table shows how long it took to travel around a city before and after transport network was improved the comparison for each transportation regards to the network improvements while the bar graph shows how much ...
hirani03 36 / 50 5  
Hello ekalamarsyari11.
I just want to give you little corrections.

1. ... because it costed for nearly Є1.80. It is exactly Є1.80.

2. ... and took more economicallyeconomical budget. (need adjective as the modifier of budget as the head. NP)

Feel free to discuss :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WTITING TASK 1: how journey times in a city centre changed after improvements were made to the