'A few years ago, boarding school was a fresh coming thing for us' - IELTS: Boarding school

supersophie 1 / 1  
I am not sure if this essay have some grammar problems or else wrong,hoping for you guys can help me fix it.

THANKS A LOT!!!!

Nowadays sending children to boarding school is becoming increasingly popular. What is the reason? Do you think it is a positive development?

A few years ago, boarding school was a fresh coming thing for us. People rarely send their children to boarding school as lacking identify with this kind of school which the pupils live during the term time. But these days with boarding school achieving great performance in helping children become more and more independence, the amount of parents who choose to send their children to boarding school has a big boost.

As far as I concerned, there are two reasons that make boarding school so popular. Firstly, parents are busy and they always under a lot of pressue of work, they have no enough time to take care of their children. In this case, boarding school becoming parents best choice. They save time which used to taking care of their children. Secondly, the most importantly as well, is that, boarding school indeed foster children's ability of independence, which making them stronger than ever.

Sending children to boarding school brings lots of benefits. First of all, it gives children more space and time to learn how to get well along with their friends, how to deal with the difficulties in the lives, how to arrange their study time and play time more reasonably. Second, it makes children able to take care of themselves. For instance, Children who go to the boarding school have to washing clothes and have to decide the things all by themselves. These details of lives can train children capable of taking care of themselves. Thirdly, it helps children to think independently, which is the essential factor to success, which can help them survive from all the difficulties.

However, we have to admit that there are some drawbacks of going a boarding school. Generally speaking, as we know that some boarding school has the incomplete administration, their principle are not enough robust. If children go out off campus while they supposed in the class and the teacher did not aware of that in time, as time passed, they may break the rules and regulations in the class, even in the school. They are of courage to do what they want, even that is illegal.

As a whole, I am still inclined to take side with the opinion that it is a positive trend to sending children to a boarding school. This may be a risk step, but take a thought for long-term, it is good for children's self-development.
maymay513 - / 1  
overall, i think you get your point across...there are a few errors in word choice and spelling...for example, in the second paragraph: Firstly, parents are busy and they always under a lot of pressue of work, they have no enough time to take care of their children - i think you should've written it like:Firstly, parents are busy and they ARE always under a lot of pressue of work. ALSO, they DO NOT have enough time to take care of their children. i capitalized the words that i added in or changed...good luck!
OP supersophie 1 / 1  
Hi maymay513,thanks for helping me.
You help me find some errors which I did not realize.
Thanks again!!!
You are so nice!!!!!

Home / Writing Feedback / 'A few years ago, boarding school was a fresh coming thing for us' - IELTS: Boarding school